Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pro Rock 44

Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer335
is that a high pinion?
all jk's are high pinion front ends
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

very jealous....congrats
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice!!! Looks like you did a great job!! Now go out and enjoy.....
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you all for the kind words. I took my time with it and it turned out very well as a result. Someone asked about the stabilizer shock being Mopar. I had the Jeep dealership put in the 4 inch lift and that’s what it came with so I'm not sure how it came to be. Maybe they put a Mopar sticker on it. I was very pleased with how close my at home wheel alignment was when I took it to the dealer for an alignment. The guy that did the alignment said it was all so close I could have just drove it and be fine. I wanted to be sure it was all in line. It was a fun project except when I couldnt figure out why the axel shaft was hitting the ball joint. That took a while to figure out
Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave-
It looks great!!

Dave was very patient with us as we found stock 2012 Rubi shafts could have a potential issue with our Dynatrac ball joints. We found that SOME the 2012 outer shafts have a larger yoke than previous models. I'm guessing these shafts have the potential to cause issues in stock form as there is a FSB on this issue.

Scott
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I’m sorry; I don’t know why I didn’t mention Dynatrac in my write up. Dynatrac is also a very top notch outfit. The guy that was working with me (not sure I should be mentioning names) even gave me his personal cell phone number while we were trying to get it figured out so I could call him directly. I also should have mentioned that the shafts I was having issue with are NOT on all 2012’s. Not sure what determines it. And its just the very stub, from the U-joint out, shaft that is differant. If you have never seen both axles (Rubicon and Dynatrac) side by side it’s quite a sight. It’s not just a size difference it’s the welds and the brackets and how it’s laid out. It’s a huge difference. When I had them both on the floor side by side even someone with no mechanical knowledge would see what a difference they are. Very, Very happy with both Dynatrac and my Pro Rock 44. It’s well worth the money and it’s what should come on the Rubicon from factory.

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Dave-
It looks great!!

Dave was very patient with us as we found stock 2012 Rubi shafts could have a potential issue with our Dynatrac ball joints. We found that SOME the 2012 outer shafts have a larger yoke than previous models. I'm guessing these shafts have the potential to cause issues in stock form as there is a FSB on this issue.

Scott

Last edited by dave7200; 05-02-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks fantastic!
I am in the process of installing my PR44 w/ RCV's as we speak!
Also got mine from Dave at Northridge along with the same bracket and high steer kit you have.

Can't say enough about the great support from David at Northridge

Also Scott at Dynatrac!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Great looking setup!

Quick Reply: Pro Rock 44