Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

PRO COMP broken shock

Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRO COMP broken shock

Pro Comp stood by there product and did the right thing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00394-20100612-1902..jpg
Views:	104
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	72282  

Last edited by HV; 06-19-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:19 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harold
Check this out . last nite I noticed sum clanking noise coming from the rear of my JK . So I looked and found the rear shock was lose . So this AM I drove to the shop who installed my lift kit they explained what had broken which was the top bracket that attaches the shock to the frame and they changed it with a new one . So I was trilled and decided to do a little trailing after a few hours I heard another strange noise coming from the rear of my JK . the same shock they had repaired in morning the shaft had snapped in half (and 50 miles from home). I live in miami fl there are noooooo rocks or anything to cause this mind you the kit is 4 months old and has had a bunch of issues . any advice and what can I do . The sad part is that I wanted to buy a rubicon express kit and the sales man pushed the pro comp kit and I fell for it .

Last edited by HV; 06-19-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

ooouchh!! That sucks man! My Pro Comp shocks went to crap as well. They didnt even last me 20,000 miles!! There is something to be said about that..
Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your kit should still be under warranty through Pro Comp, so I would call them and try to get your money back out of them. Just call and throw a fit. If you get your money back, then buy a different kit, if not I'm sure they'll replace the shock at least. Rubicon Express is very good and is what you should have went with. Pro Comp sucks I'm sorry to say I've seen nothing but complaints on most of their products on here.

Quick Reply: PRO COMP broken shock