Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

preventive maintenance

Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default preventive maintenance

I was under my JK last weekend verifying that everything is in order for the suspension and direction. I noticed my skid plate where full of scratch, having nothing better to do decided to remove and paint the trany and TC skid. When it was time to put them back I noticed my TC shift cable was missing one part of the plastic clip. Removed the rest of the plastic bushing and start to look in my spare part if I have something to put there.
Here what I found:

It used by Ford to help maintain the underbody plastic protection. Once it was inserted I was unable to get it out unless I destroy it, I think I got my TC linkage fixed for good.
The result look like this:
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: preventive maintenance

Way to use what u got! Mopar would charge $8 for something like that and it looks like it will hold up. I just picked up my used jk and the underside is nasty looking. I just started cleaning it up and will take a look at my linkeage. Great idea!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OFCRyan
Way to use what u got! Mopar would charge $8 for something like that and it looks like it will hold up. I just picked up my used jk and the underside is nasty looking. I just started cleaning it up and will take a look at my linkeage. Great idea!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
I used left over from a focus rebuild but from what I see online it cost 8$ for a pack of 25
P/N W703505-S301

Quick Reply: preventive maintenance