Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post your snorkle pics!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so on the AEV Snorkel the snorkel stays and the hood is notched out for when you raise the hood right? But on the Volant? How are you supposed to easily raise your hood? The flexible piece in the middle of the two pieces is supposed to be enough? I doubt it... and how does it seal underneath? Just rubber smashes together with the pressure and that is supposed to be it?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't really know. I don't care if it seals 100% and hinges flawlessly for life, I won't be buying one. Just too damn ugly.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

River Raider
"Con- Aluminum (I'll bend it)"

Out of curiosity what do you think would happen to the AEV or Volant? They are plastic, it would be worse.

From my experience the only way you are gonna damage the River Raider snorkle is if you hit something, in which case NO snorkel would handle. AEV is a great company and that is one of the reasons why people buy their product, which is a very good reason but it is ugly IMO and you have more potential to ruin it on something than the RR because of the piping running down the hood. I would also like to see the airflow #'s, If you look at the size the AEV reduces to compared to RR it is quite significant. RR's kit retains the stock size air hose, while AEV utilizes a reducer to connect to the stock air box.

As far as the Volant snorkle is concerned
Old 01-03-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=saskipper;869493]My God, the Volant is hideous! That sucks, since I have a Volant CAI on my 2005 Silverado, and that quality is top notch. I have used Volant and other brand air boxes before, and the Volants have always been the best.

[QUOTE]

Holy Cow, That is probably, hand's down, the ugliest mod available for the jk. Even worse than the stuff that says Euro!! what were they thinking?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go with the AEV :

Old 01-03-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i must be crazy cause i think the volant looks the best. although the price for that thing is

to each their own i guess

-shaun h
Old 01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

I think the VOLANT makes you go faster. You just feed it garbage like in back to future.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did the volant snorkle even come out yet ? if so how much is it ?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blockrockin
did the volant snorkle even come out yet ? if so how much is it ?

4wd.com has them, one is 940$ and the other is 1200$

-shaun h
Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 AM
JK Jedi

Another thing I like about the AEV is that you can remove it and be completely stock. I actually like the Coleman lantern look as well. The River Raider does look good though, being the most minimal in design.

Quick Reply: Post your snorkle pics!