Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post your fender chops!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

renpia, for scuffing the plastic I used 3M medium Scotchbrite pads...they're a dark red/brown color. Usually readily available at West Marine stores - I just have plenty of them since I detail, lol.

BUT, on the plastic, don't be affraid to go for the steel wool or something coarse...would probably be the best idea!

Good luck again!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZombJep
My wife was just happy I saved her $500.
Badass job! I took a very similar angle when I did mine (4 inches on the inner side, 8 inches on the outside). Mine are posted in here somehwere too!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKStell
renpia, for scuffing the plastic I used 3M medium Scotchbrite pads...they're a dark red/brown color. Usually readily available at West Marine stores - I just have plenty of them since I detail, lol.

BUT, on the plastic, don't be affraid to go for the steel wool or something coarse...would probably be the best idea!

Good luck again!
Cool. I'll be sure to scuff the crap out of them so they stick!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Help me out...why do you want to bedline textured black plastic?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Help me out...why do you want to bedline textured black plastic?
'Cause it matches the back end of my JK in particular. But that's me.

Not to mention the fact that I really couldn't stand looking at faded black fender flares anymore and trying to maintain them. They were the only factory plastic left on my JK. Couldn't stand it. Now they look damnnnn good.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking the same thing. My fenders are starting to look grayish and not black anymore. I don't like the faded plastic look that I see on a lot of old Jeeps.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

renpia, I forgot about these 2 pics...the first one shows EXACTLY what I was dealing with, and what you're dealing with now, the faded black. Sort of self explanatory when you look at the one bare and the other Herculined...

Before vs. after

All 4 Herculined.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKStell
renpia, I forgot about these 2 pics...the first one shows EXACTLY what I was dealing with, and what you're dealing with now, the faded black. Sort of self explanatory when you look at the one bare and the other Herculined...

Before vs. after

All 4 Herculined.
Looks good! I thought about doing this as well but I have the Sahara fenders so they match my paint and decided to leave them that way. Post a pic when they are installed. Love to check it out.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZombJep
Looks good! I thought about doing this as well but I have the Sahara fenders so they match my paint and decided to leave them that way. Post a pic when they are installed. Love to check it out.
Yep, here's one for you (that I didn't post earlier):

If you go back to pg. 11 in this thread there's a bunch of pics with them on my JK.

Glad you like and understand where I'm comin' from! Thanks for the compliment!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Been lookin into BW flares for a while...however i really wanna get a tire carrier and i def need to regear...

You guys convinced me I'll be choppin them up this weekend

Not that it would make a difference...but is there any specific type/brand of plastic door trim you guys used?

Can't freakin wait to do this...saving money for other mods is always good

Quick Reply: Post your fender chops!