Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post your fender chops!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DeluxeJK, you can see my wells bedlined in the first post of this thread. Really easy to do.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renpia
DeluxeJK, you can see my wells bedlined in the first post of this thread. Really easy to do.
Thanks, I missed that for sure...def looks better painted
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 PM
JK Freak

My wife was just happy I saved her $500.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	128916Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	128917Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	128918Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	128919
Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks great! Saving $500 to boot.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nycvr6
Has anyone actually gotten a ticket for not having those parking lights on the side? Ive been thinking that id like to go with a more radical chop and eff those lights.
I chopped my OEM flares in August and never bothered (or cared for that matter) to mount the marker lights...they're still in my shed. So far, no hassle whatsoever, driving Long Island, a little through NYC, and upstate/VT/CT some, too:

When I chopped them my steps were:

-mask off cutting line
-jig saw along cutting line
-angle grinder to straighten and smooth all edges
-score all edges with razor blade
-reinstall

Like I said, I chopped them in August. This winter I Herculined them though...did that when I did my crusher corner install, LOVE the way they look now (plus I don't have to worry about them looking dull anymore, WOOO! ) I Herculined everything at the same time and that's the end result!

SIDE NOTE: You Sahara guys, I admire you all! I have NO issues WHATSOEVER drilling holes, cutting holes, sawing off sheet-metal, cutting plastics, you name it...I don't care! BUT, when it comes to trimming painted plastic fender flares, I give you guys TONS of CREDIT!

Last edited by JKStell; 02-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

JKSTELL, I was thinking of bedlining my fenders but am afraid the paint will crack and peel off over time. Are you concerned this will happen?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renpia
JKSTELL, I was thinking of bedlining my fenders but am afraid the paint will crack and peel off over time. Are you concerned this will happen?
renpia, I'm actually not concerned if it cracks and peels, lol.

Herculiner, just like 'over-the-counter' spray bedliner paints, is easily touched up when needed. SO FAR, there's not even a single sign of this happening, and they've been lined for a little over 2 months now (before Christmas) and everything is solid. I'll admit, I was a little hesitant at first about coating semi-flexible plastic, but with some research I did I found that so long as you prep the plastic good (as simple as scuffing and acetone-ing the ballz out of it), you'll be okay. That's what I did, and I run a lot of highway miles at 70, 75mph. Without the fender supports below, they flop around some - like doggie ears, lol (the fronts at least). But like I said, so far, no signs of cracking or peeling - YET. We'll see how it goes, and if need be, they'll get touched up...I'm cool with that

I'd do it man...go for it!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKStell
renpia, I'm actually not concerned if it cracks and peels, lol.

Herculiner, just like 'over-the-counter' spray bedliner paints, is easily touched up when needed. SO FAR, there's not even a single sign of this happening, and they've been lined for a little over 2 months now (before Christmas) and everything is solid. I'll admit, I was a little hesitant at first about coating semi-flexible plastic, but with some research I did I found that so long as you prep the plastic good (as simple as scuffing and acetone-ing the ballz out of it), you'll be okay. That's what I did, and I run a lot of highway miles at 70, 75mph. Without the fender supports below, they flop around some - like doggie ears, lol (the fronts at least). But like I said, so far, no signs of cracking or peeling - YET. We'll see how it goes, and if need be, they'll get touched up...I'm cool with that

I'd do it man...go for it!
Thanks man! Good tip on scuffing and acetone. I plan on bedlining my rocker panels when it gets warmer so I'll add the flares to the list!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, acetone is your friend with most painting final prep! It removes all oil (including from hands/fingers) and removes any remaining residue, too.

I forgot to mention before that I totally agree with the fact of saving $500 on aftermarket fender flares )or should I say the LACK of buying them, lol). That vid was awesome, too...must have been a dozen JKs goin' under the knife! Good stuff...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by j2d013
Yo, I just Chopped mine today, thanks to Reds Fender CHop thread....I love the way it turned out.
Wow. Those things don't even look plastic!

Quick Reply: Post your fender chops!