Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread! I am in no hurry for more power but I have to say the sound of the stock exhaust on the 3.6 could use some improvement! I know it will never sound like an angry hemi but it could be WAY better.

And of course more power is ALWAYS cool in any vehicle.

BTW I was looking at the edge product and it states "The Insight can only display data and is not able to adjust or tune your engine itself. " so its a $300 gage system NOT a tuner.

The Airaid CAI looks promising cuz it appears to keep the air intake up high like the stock intake location! Other CAIs look like hydrolock waiting to happen.

Good stuff! Cant wait to see what else comes out for these...

Last edited by msquaredIN; 01-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
Great thread! I am in no hurry for more power but I have to say the sound of the stock exhaust on the 3.6 could use some improvement! I know it will never sound like an angry hemi but it could be WAY better.

BTW I was looking at the edge product and it states "The Insight can only display data and is not able to adjust or tune your engine itself. " so its a $300 gage system NOT a tuner.

The Airaid CAI looks promising cuz it appears to keep the air intake up high like the stock intake location! Other CAIs look like hydrolock waiting to happen.

True, i finally received my MBRP black exhaust and installed it and it sound's mean but it is loud though.I will try to get a sound vid posted tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111220_181621.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	260761  
Old 01-07-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msquaredIN

Thanks for correcting the info regarding edge product.

Airaid looks good but the sound might be lower than other products.

I hope diablo or others get the tunners soon.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NoDiRTnoGloRy
True, i finally received my MBRP black exhaust and installed it and it sound's mean but it is loud though.I will try to get a sound vid posted tomorrow.
Congrats,Can't wait to see and hear it.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what it looks like, the Airaid intake is just a $300 OEM replacement. Just because something's stock doesn't mean it's worthless -- the stock intake was made for the 3.6L. Even if you do swap it in, you won't get the one benefit of actually doing it: a little more aggressive intake sound, if you're into that. It'll be much quieter than an open-filter intake, which would be the worst option if you do any sort of fording, puddle hopping, or bogging. It even uses the OEM style intake horn ... why would this intake be better than the stock again? Because of the "heat" management? Because of the "redesigned" intake tube? Come on guys, don't fall for that. That being said, I'm just waiting for AEV to come out with the '12 snorkel.

I am looking at exhausts though, because the stock note is whisper quiet. Looking at the MBRP, Dynomax, and aFe off-road exhausts. Whichever I go with I have to add ~$200 for the aFe Y-pipe anyway for when I do the 2.5" lift and 35's.

Last edited by C2U5H; 01-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver

Precisely what I thought when I looked at the Intake!
Yup I won't be dropping $300 on it till I see some test data and hear some opinions. I agree a lot of "upgrade" aftermarket parts really don't upgrade performance.
And don't get me started on people who drop a grand to get 1 mpg to "save money".
Old 01-09-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

just installed DB Corsa JK dual tip catback it sound like a sport car.

we tried both corsa and Gibson ,both sounds good but Gibson has more ROAR sound than corsa,but corsa looks better in shape and sound for me.

I might go for RIPP CAI.

by the way the shop which i installed the exhaust conformed that RIPP coming with a supercharge for 3.6 very soon.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emirates81
just installed DB Corsa JK dual tip catback it sound like a sport car.

we tried both corsa and Gibson ,both sounds good but Gibson has more ROAR sound than corsa,but corsa looks better in shape and sound for me.

I might go for RIPP CAI.

by the way the shop which i installed the exhaust conformed that RIPP coming with a supercharge for 3.6 very soon.
nice,post a vid when you get chance thank's
Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so many options

Afe so far seems the best for CAI, there web indicates the pro 5R (oiled filter) has more performance over the dry. make sure not to over oil, if a bit of oil sneaks through the filter it can clog the mass air flow sensor.

Many options on cat backs

Banks boosts 44% better than nearest competitor with 501 cfm - warranty ?
gibson boosts 15-20 hp gains - warenty ?
borla boosts "absolute best performance" and does come with a million mile warranty
dynomax - limited lifetime warranty
mbrp - comes in black
afe-

I am hoping one of the jeep magazines does a shoot out and can compare them all. It be nice to compare them to a standard and know who delivers the most HP and torque
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Monster696
Afe so far seems the best for CAI, there web indicates the pro 5R (oiled filter) has more performance over the dry. make sure not to over oil, if a bit of oil sneaks through the filter it can clog the mass air flow sensor.

Many options on cat backs

Banks boosts 44% better than nearest competitor with 501 cfm - warranty ?
gibson boosts 15-20 hp gains - warenty ?
borla boosts "absolute best performance" and does come with a million mile warranty
dynomax - limited lifetime warranty
mbrp - comes in black
afe-

I am hoping one of the jeep magazines does a shoot out and can compare them all. It be nice to compare them to a standard and know who delivers the most HP and torque

Dynomax seems like it is the best deal. A lot of people say the Dynomax sounds better than the MBRP.

Quick Reply: Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.