Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wohooooooo !! And it begins !

I just got this in my mail ... I guess the rest will follow shortly !!

"Dear Customer,

Our Unichip Plug ‘n Play kit for the 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler 3.6 is ready! We are releasing a very small amount of kits directly to our customers who have shown interest in the kit before our Warehouse Distributors receive their stock. We are rewarding a select few of our loyal customers who purchase these early release kits by offering a 20% discount off of the retail price. In addition, we will also extend a 20% discount on our Flux2 units if purchased together with one of these Jeep kits.

The kit is making very nice power & we are seeing gains of up to 18hp at the wheels. The standard kit comes pre-loaded with 2 maps: one for regular gas & one for premium gas. As with all our maps these are specially formulated to suit particular aftermarket bolt-on parts such as Cold Air Intakes & Catback exhausts, by brand.

When you add a Flux2 display to the kit we add 3 more maps: one for mid-grade gas, one more for premium but no towing allowed & finally a”valet” map, which is basically a map where we remove some timing to downgrade power.

The basic kit will retail for $465 & the Flux2 display retails at $265. If you make use of this early release offer the basic kit will cost you $372 & the Flux2 display $212. These prices exclude shipping & the offer will be valid until 18 May 2012.

Simply reply to this e-mail if you are interested & we will get the ball rolling for you.... "

Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by desertbuzz

"Dear Customer,

Our Unichip Plug ‘n Play kit for the 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler 3.6 is ready! We are releasing a very small amount of kits directly to our customers who have shown interest in the kit before our Warehouse Distributors receive their stock. We are rewarding a select few of our loyal customers who purchase these early release kits by offering a 20% discount off of the retail price. In addition, we will also extend a 20% discount on our Flux2 units if purchased together with one of these Jeep kits.

The kit is making very nice power & we are seeing gains of up to 18hp at the wheels. The standard kit comes pre-loaded with 2 maps: one for regular gas & one for premium gas. As with all our maps these are specially formulated to suit particular aftermarket bolt-on parts such as Cold Air Intakes & Catback exhausts, by brand.

When you add a Flux2 display to the kit we add 3 more maps: one for mid-grade gas, one more for premium but no towing allowed & finally a”valet” map, which is basically a map where we remove some timing to downgrade power.

The basic kit will retail for $465 & the Flux2 display retails at $265. If you make use of this early release offer the basic kit will cost you $372 & the Flux2 display $212. These prices exclude shipping & the offer will be valid until 18 May 2012.

Simply reply to this e-mail if you are interested & we will get the ball rolling for you.... "

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? A chip for the 2012's????? Am I dreaming?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKTXJL
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? A chip for the 2012's????? Am I dreaming?
OK, does anyone have any experience w/Unichip? I was hoping for someone like Diablo or Superchips would be a choice.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Also curious about this. Is this something that is worth getting now if i'm still stock???
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not willing to just dive in ...
I'd also like to understand what it does and how it works ...

But it's a good step forward towards getting the tuner market in motion . I'm sure we'll be hearing from the others soon.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

So how do you buy it cause it still says Prouduct is currently out of stock.

Did they estmated the realease date?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emirates81
So how do you buy it cause it still says Prouduct is currently out of stock.

Did they estmated the realease date?
All what the email said that it's available for a "select few" (I guess the ones that I had inquired early on) and to click reply to the email.
I could forward you the email if you wish to reply to them . Just inbox me your email.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Just did this past weekend...Airaid Intake - KC Lites - Hood Lift Prop...Like the sound
of the intake...Definite difference with this engine...Had a 08 was very sluggish..
Old 05-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 133 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by desertbuzz

"Dear Customer,

This seems suspect to me. 18 hp at the wheels with what looks like fuel map and timing changes? Really, at this point if a product comes out that uses the terms "kit", "chip", "Stage 4" or "very nice power", I immediately become extremely suspicious. I want to see dyno results, installation instructions and pictures, maybe a happy customer testimonial or two. Especially for $450 to $800.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will wait also.

If uni chip cracked it the others are on the way.

Quick Reply: Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.