Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been told by my dealership, that obviously they will not cover the parts installed by others and the only way parts installed by others will void your warranty is if the parts had a direct affect on breakage, malfunction, etc. I am sure every dealership is different, so if you have a questionable warranty claim and one dealership doesn't cover it, then take it to another because they probably will.
If you do re-gear make sure you get a Pro-Cal so you can set your transmission shift points, tire size for your speedo, and adjust your TPMS.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patiently waiting for a diablo tuner for pentastar. Anyone heard any new news. Still trying to crack the code I guess.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monster696
Patiently waiting for a diablo tuner for pentastar. Anyone heard any new news. Still trying to crack the code I guess.
X2 .... Total silence on that front.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mister ed
Waiting on my 2012 to come in. I know you need to relocate the vacuum pump and there's a bracket. Can you still relocate the evap canister?
The vacuum pump behind the front bumper can be relocated by kits made by various shops, but talky only necessary unless it gets it the way of a new bumper install -- out is not in threat of being knocked around when wheeling. The evap canister doesn't need to be relocated anymore since the '11-12 models come with a skid from the factory ... but I believe you can still remove the skid plate and relocate if you're into the rocks a lot. Not sure if any kits are specific to the 11/12 models.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C2U5H
The vacuum pump behind the front bumper can be relocated by kits made by various shops, but talky only necessary unless it gets it the way of a new bumper install -- out is not in threat of being knocked around when wheeling. The evap canister doesn't need to be relocated anymore since the '11-12 models come with a skid from the factory ... but I believe you can still remove the skid plate and relocate if you're into the rocks a lot. Not sure if any kits are specific to the 11/12 models.

You need to move or re-skid the evap on the 2012 JKU (don't know about the 2 door). The first time you give it a good flex on the rear axle the factory skid and location will rip the slip joint boot on the rear drive shaft. I moved my factory set up over towards the driver side by almost two inches and I hope that is enough to prevent factory carnage.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by relayer4u
You need to move or re-skid the evap on the 2012 JKU (don't know about the 2 door). The first time you give it a good flex on the rear axle the factory skid and location will rip the slip joint boot on the rear drive shaft. I moved my factory set up over towards the driver side by almost two inches and I hope that is enough to prevent factory carnage.

I have wheeled my 12 4 times at Gulches ORV with full flex on both sides and no contact with the EVAP skid. It is not close to my DS boot...??
Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I have wheeled my 12 4 times at Gulches ORV with full flex on both sides and no contact with the EVAP skid. It is not close to my DS boot...??
Maybe yours is different, here's how close mine was before I moved it:

And after I relocated it towards the exhaust:

Last edited by relayer4u; 04-01-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by relayer4u
Maybe yours is different, here's how close mine was before I moved it:

And after I relocated it towards the exhaust:

Not sure why it woudl be different, but mine looks more like your relocated picture. Who knows?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Volant has a CAI:
http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=1137
Power Core:
http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=1138
Anyone have any experience w/the Power Core filter?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think it's been mentioned yet... but there's a new Airaid CAI for the 2012s.

Quick Reply: Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.