Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shecky
Here is a great video of the afe cat back. This video sold me on this exhaust. Placing the order as soon as I get some days off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsmQl...e_gdata_player
Pretty impressive. Based on the Part# is that the system that relocates the muffler to under the drivers side or keeps it in the stock location?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKashat
Pretty impressive. Based on the Part# is that the system that relocates the muffler to under the drivers side or keeps it in the stock location?

To my knowledge aFe only makes one type of exhaust and it places the muffler in the stock location. You might be thinking of the MBRP which offers two types. An off-road version and a regular version.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just checked their site, they offer 3 different ones. The one in the video keeps The muffler in the stock location, another moves it Where the resonator would be. And the newest is a high tuck version that is pretty new. I check the site often.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shecky
I just checked their site, they offer 3 different ones. The one in the video keeps The muffler in the stock location, another moves it Where the resonator would be. And the newest is a high tuck version that is pretty new. I check the site often.
I stand corrected. Looks like they came out with some new products the last few weeks. Off-road only available for 4-door
Old 03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xgoat
Installed Banks CAI this weekend. It sounds nice and throaty when you are on the gas, and nice and quiet when it should be. I really like the quality of the Banks and it was a very easy install!

Attachment 287951

Attachment 287952

What did you pay for it ?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed to this thread since I just ordered my 2012 today!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xgoat
Installed Banks CAI this weekend. It sounds nice and throaty when you are on the gas, and nice and quiet when it should be. I really like the quality of the Banks and it was a very easy install!

Attachment 287951

Attachment 287952

Hmmm... I was completely against CAI due to concerns about hydrolocking - but this looks less likely to hydrolock then a stock setup. Actually for anything but submersion this looks like a good defense *against* hydrolocking. I may order it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Waiting on my 2012 to come in. I know you need to relocate the vacuum pump and there's a bracket. Can you still relocate the evap canister?
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Gear+warranty

Does anybody know if you regear, what or does it void your drivetrain warranty?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martinaj
Does anybody know if you regear, what or does it void your drivetrain warranty?
I would think so,if they give u problems for doing a lift I am pretty sure they will give u a problem for regearing but how would they know anyway.

Quick Reply: Post 2012 jk --> 3.6 mods (with pics or links) here.