Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Posion Spider rear bumper

Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats how mine is, so did you have to drill any holes in the sides of the frame rails?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool man thanks now I know
Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK got mine installed today...ugg took way to long for me to find time to do this..but its done...um kinda...

So install was a brease! omg if i didnt spend some much time goffin around would have been done in a few hours. So big notes for those installing the new one with Tire carrier...hum i pretty much just read the directions, read a few treads on those who installed them and jumped in...

Bumper removal was cake...joke really few bolts and done....

First took the PSC and test fit it for marking the hole you have to drill on the passenger side of the jeep (the other side has a hole already) during test install i found that the ass on ground and two feet to the bumper worked the best..then saw that it was canted..so took a jack and a piece of wood under the bottom got it fixed up...did that on both sides put in the two factory bolts on each side and worked the rest of the bumper in to alignment. Marked the hole for drilling, and pulled it off...so far no issues..

Punched the holes i need to make..the two 1" holes on the bottom and the 1/2" hole on the side....once that was done put in the clips with out issue. tossed on bumper again same way..ass to ground feet to bumper..bam right on..then jack under each side (one at a time..i guess two could have worked) with the wood and popped it up in to place...tossed in bolts and bam done...i did make sure that the bolts where at the back of the oval holes so if the get lose or i pull on bumper for exfil of mud that it wont side.

after that it was time to play with tire carrier...packed the bearing and flipped that bad boy over and tossed in the first bearing small end first (upside down so when i flip it, it will be big side down) tossed in the bearing seal...now everyone says to use a big socket or what ever...i just grabbed a large flat screw driver..and tapped it in slowly around in a circle. seated nicely...but one thing you will want to do before you toss this on the spindle is to get that half moon shape plate (the one that stated not to PC it) rived it on, had no issues..then placed tire carrier on spindle..tossed in second packed bearing big side up..washer and bolt and bam few turns and done.

the rest was just measuring and tossing on bolts for tire.

I did find one issue and will be calling PSC about it..not sure they will or can do anything about it..

But the license plate bracket that sides on the tire mount would not fit with the bolt supplied, er i guess it would but the problem i had is the rim is to thick i guess, and doesn't allow me to slide it in (bolt, as the hole is to far back) with out hitting the rim...will see if they know about this...fix should be to re drill a hole or fab some type of extension to push it out a lit bit more...

Have the Light kit for Lic. Plate, will wire that up with the lights tomorrow and post up some pics i hope for ya all .

Old 11-12-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stillnutz
Here are some pictures. I think this is what you are looking for.
Attachment 221851Attachment 221868Attachment 221859Attachment 221867
love your jeep man.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

I still have my expedition one bumper for sale $1000.00 hoping to sell it to buy this one or the Rancho one!!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepjk027

love your jeep man.
X2 such an effen ballsy rig man!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone with this bumper want to chime in about the rear back up lights install? saw somewhere that i need relay? ect...Never played with relays, maybe some insite in to how you did yours up would help..

Also the lights from PSC...they just sit in there? or did you hook up some type of bracket?..maybe a little RTV around the rim would keep it in there..havent test fitted them yet, so not sure how well they sit in the mount/hole ..
Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

The lights was probably the easiest part of this bumper install. Although I am quite disappointed with these lights. They are LEDs but not bright at all. The install of the lights was a breeze. They come with a rubber surround that slides right into the bumper for a snug fit. I'm thinking of replacing them with brighter lights. I actually didn't even connect them to a power source yet.
Hope this helps. I had several issues with the rear bumper install and even contacted psc direct. I thought they would get back to me but im still waiting.
I have the front rock brawler which was a snap to install. 8 nuts and that was it. Very easy install.
Good luck
Old 11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bxjk
The lights was probably the easiest part of this bumper install. Although I am quite disappointed with these lights. They are LEDs but not bright at all. The install of the lights was a breeze. They come with a rubber surround that slides right into the bumper for a snug fit. I'm thinking of replacing them with brighter lights. I actually didn't even connect them to a power source yet.
Hope this helps. I had several issues with the rear bumper install and even contacted psc direct. I thought they would get back to me but im still waiting.
I have the front rock brawler which was a snap to install. 8 nuts and that was it. Very easy install.
Good luck
Same here with the LED lights they don't seem bright at all. Not like my Dually lights up front.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by jeepjk027
love your jeep man.
Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
X2 such an effen ballsy rig man!
Thanks guys. Glad to hear you think it looks ballsy. I regret the tires. Wish I would have done 37's. I definately dont regret all the PSC stuff I put on - even though it took some work to get it going good.

Quick Reply: Posion Spider rear bumper