Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Posion Spider rear bumper

Old 10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posion Spider rear bumper

Anyone have good pics of the poison spider rear bumper and tire carrier.
I like to see s good side shot to see how the bumper ends look and see how far they go into rear wheelwell.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Somebody that has gone with the rear bumper... Tell me about the install!?!?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm thinking of getting rid of my expedition one setup and doing something diff
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rockbrawler Rear Bumper and Title Carrier

Here are some pictures. I think this is what you are looking for.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	1324
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	221851Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	221868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	1269
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	221859Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg
Views:	1280
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	221867
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Install

Originally Posted by gtucker0825
Somebody that has gone with the rear bumper... Tell me about the install!?!?
The install wasnt too bad. I made it worse for myself. The holes that attach to the side of the fram are oval. You want the bumper to be pulled all the way out away from the jeep. I tried to push it in further, and it didnt work very well. The brackets that attach the bumper to the frame travel at an angle upwards. this made it hit the tub of the jeep. It cause a horrible knocking sound. Even when i adjusted it all the way out, it would still knock. I had to take and angle grinder and remove a quarter inch of it. Also, I had one of the first second gen tire carriers and they didnt have a piece that would allow for the stock rim to be used (because of the stock backspacing and the license plate mount). I didnt know it at the time so i kept trying to make it work. I spoke with Poison Spyder who said they had one in R&D and it should be out shortly. That was a while ago, so I am sure they have it out by now. Their customer service was outstanding - as usual. All in all, its a great tire carrier. I havent had any other problems for the last couple of months i have had it on.

Attachment 221899Attachment 221900Attachment 221901
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like your last pictures didn't work.
I like that bumper, how about a close up picture of the driver side bumper looking alone the side of the jeep. I'm looking to see if the bumper hangs out of the side of the jeep, or it is flush with the body. Looks good

What lift and tires are you running?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stillnutz

The install wasnt too bad. I made it worse for myself. The holes that attach to the side of the fram are oval. You want the bumper to be pulled all the way out away from the jeep. I tried to push it in further, and it didnt work very well. The brackets that attach the bumper to the frame travel at an angle upwards. this made it hit the tub of the jeep. It cause a horrible knocking sound. Even when i adjusted it all the way out, it would still knock. I had to take and angle grinder and remove a quarter inch of it. Also, I had one of the first second gen tire carriers and they didnt have a piece that would allow for the stock rim to be used (because of the stock backspacing and the license plate mount). I didnt know it at the time so i kept trying to make it work. I spoke with Poison Spyder who said they had one in R&D and it should be out shortly. That was a while ago, so I am sure they have it out by now. Their customer service was outstanding - as usual. All in all, its a great tire carrier. I havent had any other problems for the last couple of months i have had it on.
Can you post some pic of where that you have to grind, i just instal mine and it make a knocking sound like you said
Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stillnutz

Attachment 221899Attachment 221900Attachment 221901
Originally Posted by big f
Can you post some pic of where that you have to grind, i just instal mine and it make a knocking sound like you said
A pic would be great, mine does the same thing. Also my tire carrier preload is off and it hits the bumper, thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems like people that have bought this bumper are saying that it is alot of problems.

I would also like to see where it is hitting the body of the jeep, Knocking sound you guys talk about.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00544-20110923-0707.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	222079Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00543-20110923-0707.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	222080Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00422-20110811-1622.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	222081Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00423-20110811-1622.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	222082

Cannot speak to the install as was done by local shop.

Quick Reply: Posion Spider rear bumper