Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poser Shots and TF 2.5" Review

Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poser Shots and TF 2.5" Review

Allright, I know this post is going to be moved, but I thought since I was gonna give a quick review of the TF 2.5" Coil lift I would throw it here.

So I have had the TF 2.5" Coil Lift with 9550 shocks for about a month now. Sadley due to work schedule and strict German laws I havent had a lot of time off road. I have had the oppertunity to put several hundred miles on various road and autobahn driving on it though. So here are my thoughts.

The ride is great, it is noticably firmer than stock partly due to the shocks but overall it rides well. A portion of my drive to work is over a rough road with many potholes and rutting from heavy vehicles. The potholes are absorbed well and the shocks definitley damp the rough road. On the autobahn or faster secondary roads the suspensions works superbly. I know the Jeep is not a sports car, but it seems the harder you puch the suspension the better it responds. I did notice the spring rate seemed to "soften" just a bit as the miles went on, not enough to cause any sag or yaw, but just enough to be noticable. This was most likley akin to the springs "settling in" and was actually a good thing.

The suspension flex's well, as you will see in the following shots. And the shocks provide great damping over mild obstacles. I havent had much of a chance to push it hard yet as stated earlier. I would suggest some extended brake lines, at least in the front as at full droop you will strech them quite a bit. Some have reported the rear spring shifting in the upper bucket at full droop, I have the TF spring guide and have not had this issue.

If anyone has any questions just ask and I will answer any I can.......now on to the poser shots.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell yeah, looks good man
Old 01-21-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean looking rubi love the green
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!! I always get a kick out seeing our product in other countries.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

truly awesome flex with such an entry level lift! I love it! I am extremely happy with my tf bb as well!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

looking good. Hope you get to find some spots to wheel over there.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Nice!! I always get a kick out seeing our product in other countries.
I will be shipping her back to the good ole USA on the 27th so I figured I would get a couple good shots before she goes away for 2 months. Going back to California and looking foreward to tackling the Rubicon Trail come spring, been a few years (10) since I have been able to play there.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Looks good. Nice flex too.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Looks good !!! Glad to hear you're not having any trouble with the rear coils coming unseated !
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Allright, I know this post is going to be moved, but I thought since I was gonna give a quick review of the TF 2.5" Coil lift I would throw it here.

So I have had the TF 2.5" Coil Lift with 9550 shocks for about a month now. Sadley due to work schedule and strict German laws I havent had a lot of time off road. I have had the oppertunity to put several hundred miles on various road and autobahn driving on it though. So here are my thoughts.

The ride is great, it is noticably firmer than stock partly due to the shocks but overall it rides well. A portion of my drive to work is over a rough road with many potholes and rutting from heavy vehicles. The potholes are absorbed well and the shocks definitley damp the rough road. On the autobahn or faster secondary roads the suspensions works superbly. I know the Jeep is not a sports car, but it seems the harder you puch the suspension the better it responds. I did notice the spring rate seemed to "soften" just a bit as the miles went on, not enough to cause any sag or yaw, but just enough to be noticable. This was most likley akin to the springs "settling in" and was actually a good thing.

The suspension flex's well, as you will see in the following shots. And the shocks provide great damping over mild obstacles. I havent had much of a chance to push it hard yet as stated earlier. I would suggest some extended brake lines, at least in the front as at full droop you will strech them quite a bit. Some have reported the rear spring shifting in the upper bucket at full droop, I have the TF spring guide and have not had this issue.

If anyone has any questions just ask and I will answer any I can.......now on to the poser shots.

Where in Germany is that? I was in K-town for 8 years. It looks good I like the lift and tire size.

Quick Reply: Poser Shots and TF 2.5" Review