Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

POSER, No More!....um, now what?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking POSER, No More!....um, now what?

ok. I finally got some playtime, and decided to take my 14 yr old out for a ride in the tonka truck, and to take advantage of the rains we had this past week.
(Please excuse the quality of the first two pics, my iPhone makes everything foggy.)

Had to ditch the top, because of all of the brush and trees we were going through, and that made the mud that much more fun.
(cant believe I got a new vehicle this filthy)

Anyway, my question is this.....whats the best way to clean all of this?
Im leaning towards pulling the seats out, spraying them down, pulling all of my plugs, spraying out the floors, and cleaning the dash with a rag....or, um, many rags.

Any Advice?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

WOWWW,

did it sink or some thing?

looks like you had a good time though
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 AM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Oh snap.

Definitely didn't expect to see that much mud inside when you said you got it dirty. If it were me Id be tearing a lot of stuff out just to get to where the mud has gotten.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wow dirty!

Just get er done and post pics when ur done. Lets see ur cleanin skills. By the way looks like u had some seriuos fun.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

I would start off by pulling the carpet. Then pull the plugs and rinse out the floor wells. Do you have the YES essentials seats? If so, plain soap and water will get the mud out of those. I wouldn't pull the seats out entirely....not needed, and besides, I think they're bolted in with an impact drill. Those that have Rhino'ed their Jeeps found them hard to take out I believe. Soap and water works well with the roll bar padding as well. It will take a while but it's all part of the experience.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow..my wife would absolutely kill me if that was my Jeep..maybe I'll find some mud with no top this summer..pull the carpets and use a hose..Just cover the radio area..
Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I......Hate......Mud... (cringing)
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I lined the interior of my jeep, found the seats easy to take out/put in, just be sure to apply more lock tite
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

that happened to me once. my gf was pissed when i took her home one night and got mud all over her new skirt
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice work with the doors on and all. I would hose it out as best I can and use a car wash vac to suck out as much of the water as possible from the seats and carpet. You may want to cover dash with a trash bag while hosing it out.

Good Luck,

Quick Reply: POSER, No More!....um, now what?