Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The pole got me

Old 09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The pole got me

Pulling out of a parking spot at Taco Bell, a light pole jumped out & got me. Crunched the Sahara side step & scratched the fender. Now I gotta find a new side step, but might be a good excuse to pick up some bushwackers.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

i feel bad asking....but
Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

^^ Yeah. What he said ^^
Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKrazed
Bushwhackers are even wider than your stockers, so you'll have to watch out EXTRA hard for poles.
And way over priced IMO. For about the same price, get yourself a set of steel fenders like the poison Spiders and not worry too much about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
And way over priced IMO. For about the same price, get yourself a set of steel fenders like the poison Spiders and not worry too much about it.
LOL, yah I gotta get some pics. I'll try tonight when I get home.

Also trying to think about the side step now - That really took the brunt of the damage. Was hoping to grab some from someone who upgraded, but barring getting that lucky, what are your favorite choices for rock rails?

I like the idea of steel fenders as well. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure where fallbrook is, but I have a set of sidesteps off of my Sahara sitting on the side of my garage
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imkunfused
Not sure where fallbrook is, but I have a set of sidesteps off of my Sahara sitting on the side of my garage
One good thing about the shipping... Those plastic steps only weigh about 2oz soaking wet. I removed mine and painted them with bedliner (amazing how quickly the sun fades them). I said to myself is that it, thats all there is to these things??

I want new sliders but the wife likes the steps to help her get in.
Hey maybe I should remove them and it will keep her out of it!!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imkunfused
Bummer.... Roseville looks like it is near Sacramento. Fallbrook is in San Diego County, near Riverside County. Thanks for the offer though, you are a good man!

Here is a pic, just scraped up the fender and cracked the side step. My new boss was in the Jeep with me when it happened.... Kind of embarassing.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:20 AM
JK Jedi

Doesn't look too bad, you can probably touch it up and get by.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slag
Pulling out of a parking spot at Taco Bell, a light pole jumped out & got me. Crunched the Sahara side step & scratched the fender. Now I gotta find a new side step, but might be a good excuse to pick up some bushwackers.
See us "mall crawlers" do get some trail damage Just having some fun. But hey you'll get some mods out of it though.

Quick Reply: The pole got me