Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Maybe its just me but I think climbing from the tire to the fender with a 6" gap or so doesnt seem too impossible, You figure with knobs like that aired down as much as it is showing in the picture, it wouldnt be too hard to do. And even if the tire is holding the final weight, I would imagine that there would still be permanent damage from bending if it couldnt hold the initial weight.

Again just my thoughts and opinions, a video would definitely help to clarify
Clearly you have never tried climbing up a large tire like this before. If you had you would know that it is not as easy as you would think it would be let alone trying to climb up an additional 5 to 6 in or more gap. And how do we know that the tire on the white jeep wasn't already stuffed into the fender before the YJ climbed on top?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Clearly you have never tried climbing up a large tire like this before. If you had you would know that it is not as easy as you would think it would be let alone trying to climb up an additional 5 to 6 in or more gap. And how do we know that the tire on the white jeep wasn't already stuffed into the fender before the YJ climbed on top?
I wasnt saying that it wasnt stuffed in already, its an advertisement, of course they'll do anything they can to make their product look as good as possible. I thought I was making it clear that I wasnt ruling out anyones possibilities, just trying to throw mine out there too.

And no, I havent climbed up on someone elses jeep before but I do know that a few inches on a large climb can make a significant difference from climbing steps on the trails. Just saying, anything is possible, everyones thoughts and ideas are valid
Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am not throwing stones here, but I seriously doubt this would be questioned as much if the company making them were say LOD or Purejeep. Agreed that companies will make there product look amazing however they can for consumers, but its the first effort like this I have seen at least be shown on this site.

I think its neat to see a request from a consumer actually be done by the company just for the heck of it...its a great way to grab attention and customers.

of course just my 2 cents
Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Jeep I am climbing below also has 40" tires and at least 10" of lift. If the Jeep had less lift, I think I could have gone in from the front and rode up the flare (though the other guy would have been a little pissed since they are cut OEM plastic flares ).

In the PSC pics I posted, I could imagine that the white Jeep's flare hit the tire pretty quick once there was enough weight from the YJ on it plus the white JK has only about 3.5" of lift so the climb isn't as substantial as mine was below.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

No I totally know what you mean, Poison Spyder isnt discussed on here as much as the popular ones like LoD. LoD has their reputation because so many people have followed in suit and gone with their products. Would I go with LoD? Of course, they have top notch products that I have been able to see in person. Would I go with Poison Spyder? Definitely, and for the same reasons. I have seen their products in person and definitely like what I see.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol! I guess I should have seen this coming. I simply questioned a picture and now I'm being scrutinized for it. 1. I've already stated that I like these fenders. 2. Lod and Purejeep do not have fenders for sale. 3. For those of you who don't know, there hasn't been much discussion about poison spyder in the past but that's due to the fact that they weren't manufacturing or selling anything for a significant amount of time. But hey, you guys can believe whatever you want to believe. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are assuming that the tire was able to climb onto the fender. That's got to be at least a 5 to 6 inch gap with little to no traction and I find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm wrong but if I am I'd like to see how it was done. Still like them a lot but again these pictures hardly demonstrate a strength test. Maybe a video of how it was done would help.
Honestly this doesn't concern me that much - my first impression was this doesn't convince me because when is a tree going to fall on top of my fender? The downward force isn't of any concern to me, but the horizontal force is. They look nice though - and very stylish. They look bondo-free too, and that's always a plus.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, let's not drag favoritism over 1 brand or another into this thread. Let's just keep the comments directed towards the PSC flares.

Wayolife stated several times that he likes the PSC flares and like he mentioned, they really haven't had much stuff for the JK until recently while under new ownership. And stylish or not.....these flares kick ass in many people's books!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Great, Nice job with the Jeep
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

It's really not that hard to drive up a tire like that. I have done it many of times in the past.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!