Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
I dont know, follow the line on the outside going from the flare to the grill, looks pretty clean if you ask me
Considering the weight of the Jeep and how it got there, I say even if the sheetmetal delfected by a few centimeters without completely bending then....wow!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool.
love stuff like that.
if youre gonna test it .....show it off!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

that's cool and all but, is there a chance you could redo the shot without the fender being propped up by the front tire? i mean, the tire IS what is ultimately holding up all the weight. don't get me wrong, i like these fenders a lot but this is hardly what i would consider a strength test.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
very cool.
love stuff like that.
if youre gonna test it .....show it off!
x2
Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
that's cool and all but, is there a chance you could redo the shot without the fender being propped up by the front tire? i mean, the tire IS what is ultimately holding up all the weight. don't get me wrong, i like these fenders a lot but this is hardly what i would consider a strength test.
ah. good point.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you are right in regards to what the final resting image shows. I think these pics show more so though the fact that the flares (and surrounding sheetmetal) took the initial weight of the other Jeep climbing up.

For a true strength test you would probably have to replace the spring with a solid rod then do the Jeep hump test over again.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I think you are right in regards to what the final resting image shows. I think these pics show more so though the fact that the flares (and surrounding sheetmetal) took the initial weight of the other Jeep climbing up.

For a true strength test you would probably have to replace the spring with a solid rod then do the Jeep hump test over again.
Yeah that would be a more accurate way to test the strength... either way, it's still cool, and like you said, the fender still had to withstand the weight as the other Jeep crawled on top of it.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

fawk ... daddy like
Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
You are assuming that the tire was able to climb onto the fender. That's got to be at least a 5 to 6 inch gap with little to no traction and I find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm wrong but if I am I'd like to see how it was done. Still like them a lot but again these pictures hardly demonstrate a strength test. Maybe a video of how it was done would help.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

You are assuming that the tire was able to climb onto the fender. That's got to be at least a 5 to 6 inch gap with little to no traction and I find that hard to believe. Maybe I'm wrong but if I am I'd like to see how it was done. Still like them a lot but again these pictures hardly demonstrate a strength test. Maybe a video of how it was done would help.
Maybe its just me but I think climbing from the tire to the fender with a 6" gap or so doesnt seem too impossible, You figure with knobs like that aired down as much as it is showing in the picture, it wouldnt be too hard to do. And even if the tire is holding the final weight, I would imagine that there would still be permanent damage from bending if it couldnt hold the initial weight.

Again just my thoughts and opinions, a video would definitely help to clarify

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!