Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice mod.....I like these fenders better than any others thus far
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
very nice mod.....I like these fenders better than any others thus far
Same here but im worried about the width due to fender laws in CA
Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Same here but im worried about the width due to fender laws in CA
They claim to be OEM width.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
They claim to be OEM width.
Any chance you could measure the width so I could compare to my stock fenders? I seriously can't afford another ticket so I considered fabbing up my own when i get my new welder

P.S. no rush, I wont be out to my jeep to be able to measure until tomorrow morning
Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, before I post these pictures, I want everyone to know that I am buying these flares with my own money and have already put a shipping deposit in on the rears so I can get them as soon as they are available. I got a deal on the front Rock Brawler bumper just before SEMA (along with the hawse fairlead) and that is why I ran a PSC sticker on the Jeep while at SEMA. I also bought the Rocker Knockers with my own money well before SEMA and have used my own money to powdercoat all of it.

So no, I AM NOT getting paid or sponsored to inject my thoughts and comments on these flares. This thread is my true first hand experience with them along with the info I have gathered to support why I purchased them. Especially since I have now ran THREE styles of flares on the JK and have been invloved in the install and/or removal of all 3 (OEM, Xenon narrow and PSC metal). And yes, perhaps other brands of metal flares can accomplish the same feat as well as stand behind the construction quality - it is just that these are the brand that I have and can talk about first hand.

Now these pics come from another Internet source where someone stated a claim that you can drive a Jeep up on the flares and not buckle the sheetmetal or the flare during the process. The blue YJ drove up on the flare to get where it is at in the pics so keep that in mind.....

Detail of the inside of the flare....

Last edited by JPTwinz; 11-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Ok, before I post these pictures, I want everyone to know that I am buying these flares with my own money and have already put a shipping deposit in on the rears so I can get them as soon as they are available. I got a deal on the front Rock Brawler bumper just before SEMA (along with the hawse fairlead) and that is why I ran a PSC sticker on the Jeep while at SEMA. I also bought the Rocker Knockers with my own money well before SEMA and have used my own money to powdercoat all of it.

So no, I AM NOT getting paid or sponsored to inject my thoughts and comments on these flares. This thread is my true first hand experience with them along with the info I have gathered to support why I purchased them. Especially since I have now ran THREE styles of flares on the JK and have been invloved in the install and/or removal of all 3 (OEM, Xenon narrow and PSC metal). And yes, perhaps other brands of metal flares can accomplish the same feat as well as stand behind the construction quality - it is just that these are the brand that I have and can talk about first hand.

Now these pics come from another Internet source where someone stated a claim that you can drive a Jeep up on the flares and not buckle the sheetmetal or the flare during the process. The blue YJ drove up on the flare to get where it is at in the pics so keep that in mind.....

If that's not enough convincing I don't know what is. I would love to see this same test with the Xenon and Bushwacker flat flares.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

well, that about settles my disbelief on their safety, thankyou JP, thats actually some information I am genuinely happy to hear
Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Woah! Cool way to test them out!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YAY, the fender is bent into the grill... those lines dont look to straight... (I know its a LOT of weight on there, just teasing)

Nice flares man. I personally am done with mods like these....
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
YAY, the fender is bent into the grill... those lines dont look to straight... (I know its a LOT of weight on there, just teasing)

Nice flares man. I personally am done with mods like these....
I dont know, follow the line on the outside going from the flare to the grill, looks pretty clean if you ask me

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Crusher Flares....kick butt quality!!!!