Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder BFH rear, OR-Fab carrier and AEV corners...it works

Old 11-08-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As requested - more pics from other angles.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice! I have the same tire carrier but with the jerry cans and I love it!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great write up and thanks for sharing! We love our OR-Fab carrier but decided against the PSC BFH rear bumper I had bought because it would have needed some mods to make it work with our EVOLever and I wanted to keep the option open for towing a light trailer...but I do love the design of that bumper!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

This weekend, I was able to finish everything up and get my license plate relocated, and the wiring for the lights hooked up.

I was able to take a thin piece of 12x6 steel, and drilled two 3/8" holes, about 4" apart, in the center of the sheet - with two corresponding holes in the T-handle of the tire carrier. Then connect the plate to the T-handle with elevator bolts (but you can use carriage bolts here if you want).

Then I just drilled out the 4 holes to bolt my actual license plate on the mounting plate and bolted it in place. The rest was just a matter of hooking the wiring for the ORO license plate light in place.

Now there's not a panel sticking out of the side of my Jeep, waiting for a tree to smack it off...if I ever find the time to get my Jeep off of the road any time soon!

Then...just because, we decided to test the flex afterward. Not too bad for just a leveling kit.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I am thinking of doing that same cross member support as you did but integrate a receiver hitch into it if possible. I might have to notch out the fancy poison spider stamping on the rear bumper but I think its doable
Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snopro269
Yeah I am thinking of doing that same cross member support as you did but integrate a receiver hitch into it if possible. I might have to notch out the fancy poison spider stamping on the rear bumper but I think its doable
I've seen someone else do it. I'll look around and see if I can find any photos.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I've seen someone else do it. I'll look around and see if I can find any photos.
That would be great. I'm thinking i might try out the Alum Gen One carrier I haven't decided yet. I am try to fig out how to still utilize my bike carrier

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder BFH rear, OR-Fab carrier and AEV corners...it works