Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder 2012 KOH Modified Class Build

Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wecf
I have to partially agree with you, while the rules were followed I believe the rules were way too vague with too much leeway in both the stock and mod classes. Hopefully next year the rules for the two classes will be MUCH more restrictive on what can be changed on the vehicles. I hope to see "every man" racers instead of ultra high priced purpose built racers that no one can compete with without a 100k budget.

Nice job on the build and driving PSC, not putting down your quality build or dedication to your racer in anyway!
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree…I don’t think the rules were vague at all, maybe they weren’t to your liking, but they weren’t vague. Remember…this wasn’t the Stock class. I don’t understand why anyone would want or expect us to build anything below our very best. It’s not a jab, I just don’t get why someone would be upset that we built the best car we could, within the rules and our abilities.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Like I said I don't feel you guys did anything wrong! I feel the rules were too loose and allowed for too many mods. You built your rig within the rules, but the rules discouraged people (like me) from even trying once they saw what the competition (you, Savvy) were building. I'd like to see an "every man" race instead of a $$$$$$$ race.
I'm not putting you or anyone else down. Good luck to you guys next time.

Last edited by wecf; 02-13-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Like I said I don't feel you guys did anything wrong! I feel the rules were too loose and allowed for too many mods. You built your rig within the rules, but the rules discouraged people (like me) from even trying once they saw what the competition (you, Savvy) were building. I'd like to see an "every man" race instead of a $$$$$$$ race.
Well, you know how the old saying goes "if you want to make a small fortune in racing.....start with a large one"
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Like many of you I too followed the build of this awesome PSC rig...then over at KOH just one day prior to the race Larry took about 30 minutes out of his day to talk to a group of us about everything from the build to the race to jeeping in general. Add to that the fact he lead a group of KOH volunteer clean up peeps like me through a trail and narrated just one day after competing in the KOH and I'd have to say that Larry and Poison Spyder Customs impressed the hell out of me!

Congrats again on the Smitty Bilt Every Man Challenge win and for doing so well in the KOH LCQ round Larry both Brenda (blonda) and I are new PSC fans
Old 02-13-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Like many of you I too followed the build of this awesome PSC rig...then over at KOH just one day prior to the race Larry took about 30 minutes out of his day to talk to a group of us about everything from the build to the race to jeeping in general. Add to that the fact he lead a group of KOH volunteer clean up peeps like me through a trail and narrated just one day after competing in the KOH and I'd have to say that Larry and Poison Spyder Customs impressed the hell out of me!

Congrats again on the Smitty Bilt Every Man Challenge win and for doing so well in the KOH LCQ round Larry both Brenda (blonda) and I are new PSC fans
Couldn't of said it better Frank. Larry thanks for the info and hope to see ya soon at forest fest. Congrats on the win
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
JK Newbie

very cool!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

The rig looked great out there!!! Nice build and better luck next time out!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Great stuff on FB also!!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
DTS
Former Member

I'm glad the guy in the ~$1500 black Toyota pickup with leaf springs and a carburated 22R didn't feel that way, and still came to race despite whatever else was entered. Here he is passing Larry and our broken-down, high dollar rig on Back Door. I think he actually finished the race.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:54 AM
DTS
Former Member

Here's a clip with some footage from the start of the race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kKJjP5wS4

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder 2012 KOH Modified Class Build