Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder 2012 KOH Modified Class Build

Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Sweet!!

Congrats to Team PSC on the win!! BigLar, that speaks volumes about your character donating your share of the winner's purse back to JV
Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
Nice UNLIMITED buggy, this had no place in the modified class.
Go to Ultra 4 Racing, download the "rules" pdf file available to anyone, read thru the car build specs for each class before posting. Everyone who enters the modified class can build a car exactly like Team PSC if they choose to The fact that they passed pre- and post-race inspections says they didn't cheat.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
DTS
Former Member

We're back! I think when I previously left off, I had posted photos of the LCQ. So how about some more photos from the rest of KOH week! Here are a few from Thursday's lineup for contingency and tech inspection for the main race...

Yours truly, its a tough job but someone's gotta do it...

Tech inspection

Larry and Shad getting interviewed

The car on display in our booth for the rest of the day

Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 AM
DTS
Former Member

Race Day! From the lineup....

Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM
DTS
Former Member

The start of the race...

Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 AM
DTS
Former Member

I didn't get much in the way of action shots during the race. Just during the two pit stops before the DNF. Here are some of those from the first stop, where all we had to do was change a tire and add fuel. At that point we were running in 16th place on corrected time (after starting 44th)...

Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
DTS
Former Member

Had a little bit more to do at the second pit stop, this was after the cluster at Chocolate Thunder LOL...

Biggest issue at this point was the yoke guard, which had taken a big hit and bent upward in to the yoke. It had to be removed, modified and reinstalled...

a little bit of carnage to the skins...

...and back out on course

That's pretty much the last I saw of it during the race. Larry will post up his re-cap of the race soon, with the story of what went wrong on Resolution and finally put us out of the race just shy of completing the first lap.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
DTS
Former Member

We just posted Larry's race re-cap on our Facebook page. Its pretty long, and illustrated with photos and video, so rather than try to cut and paste everything in to this thread, here's a link to it on Facebook. Its quite a read!

I actually learned a lot more about what happened out there than I already knew myself. Thanks for writing that up BigLar!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
Nice UNLIMITED buggy, this had no place in the modified class.
I have to partially agree with you, while the rules were followed I believe the rules were way too vague with too much leeway in both the stock and mod classes. Hopefully next year the rules for the two classes will be MUCH more restrictive on what can be changed on the vehicles. I hope to see "every man" racers instead of ultra high priced purpose built racers that no one can compete with without a 100k budget.

Nice job on the build and driving PSC, not putting down your quality build or dedication to your racer in anyway!

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder 2012 KOH Modified Class Build