Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Please post pics - Smittybilt rock rails SRC or Rugged Ridge RRC

Old 02-26-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Watson
Prolly too late, but here are my SRCs
i like these better, they sit closer to the body
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

my src's

cheap enuf to get the job done and don't look too bad and they hold up great:

Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Got mine for $275 from Quadratec (including shipping)...ordered them Monday night, got them yesterday afternoon and installed them last night. I think the same model for the Unlimited would be an extra $10.

Had to file a little bit to get them to fit, but they sit perfect. I know others had similar problems.

Anyone pull the yellow Smittybilt badges off theirs? Is there any glue residue etc...?
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I had my eye on the Rugged Ridge ones...but they look like the sit a lot lower and will reduce clearance.

Opinions?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matador
I had my eye on the Rugged Ridge ones...but they look like the sit a lot lower and will reduce clearance.

Opinions?
I ordered SRC's also due to price, looks and what people have said about them working. Yes there are probably better products out there but at over twice the price doing the same job. Only long term time in the driver seat will tell, but at this price you could always upgrade if they don't last/perform as expected. The Rugged Ridge ones sit too low for my taste. Looks like they could hang you up on a break-over angle.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

The Rugged Ridge rockers cut away too much ground clearance, your more likely to get hung up on something now! I went with the best of the best, PureJeep rockers and couldnt be happier with them
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Can someone post a pic of those Smitty and RRC ones from underneath...I want to see how much (if any) clearance you lose.

thanks,
Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matador
Can someone post a pic of those Smitty and RRC ones from underneath...I want to see how much (if any) clearance you lose.

thanks,
hey matador!
no real reason to share undercarriage pics. they mount up in the same holes as the factory running board. there are absolutely zero clearance issues on these that already weren't present. in fact, the mounts on the rails (the more robust of the mounting points) actually gets recessed directly in the factory mounting points. there are no exposed areas to be hung up on. again, this is one of the cheapest options in rocker guards but also meets any of the claims. for under $300 i don't think there is a better option other than some used rubi rails. + on the smitty side, these come up to under the door sill, added protection for the actual rocker panel.
revo!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's the white one off to the right. May be a bit hard to see, but it's the best I have at the moment. You should be able to see the clearance though...no issue at all.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by N2MWL
Is this what you wanted ?? Mine are Rugged Ridge...

What about these??? how much clearance do you lose?

Quick Reply: Please post pics - Smittybilt rock rails SRC or Rugged Ridge RRC