Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

plastidip'd the whole Jeep

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PD is an excellent source for those that what to create a "virtual photoshop" with color and finish before actually committing to paint.

From my experience, if you have of 4-5 coats, it will not peel up easily. However, I have noticed it you have a finished edge with masking tape, it may be easier to pull up vs. a part that is completely covered all the way on a part.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tribulation138
The only thing i dont like about plastic dip on the outside of the vehicle is that it comes off easy. One rock or pebble or even a stick will tear the dip
Not even remotely true. It is very tough and will still save your paint. A rock that hits your paint will chip the paint. Even IF it hurt the dip, it takes 5 minutes to touch it up.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PBandJeep
PD is an excellent source for those that what to create a "virtual photoshop" with color and finish before actually committing to paint.

From my experience, if you have of 4-5 coats, it will not peel up easily. However, I have noticed it you have a finished edge with masking tape, it may be easier to pull up vs. a part that is completely covered all the way on a part.
4-5 coats will peel very well. Anything less and you will have a hard (annoying) time.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default im not doin mine in it but.......

if it were older and I realy wasn't gona sell it ever ! why the f not ???? I think it looks more rugged than the clearcoat finish and I have a black jeep too so im not so impressed with Chryslers factory paint job it seems to chip veryeasy if you ask me ! so whats to loose if your not crazy over the factory stuff . however your lookin to sell it down the road id be a tiny bit sceptic! but we all know on resale or trades they always screw us anyway lol ( I say looks great nice job on the work and best of luck with it
Attachment 405471
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good man, nice job!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THAT LOOKS BAD ASS DUDE!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! I love it!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Jeepcheif: You brought life back to that Tracker. It looks great now.

Also love the pink accents in the dash now. Really breaks it up.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepchief
I love this stuff. Will be doing my Jeep in white next spring.

Some stuff I've done

Angry eyes w/ P'Dip Smoke

Grill, hood w/ black and underneath w/ Blaze Blue

My gf's Nitro grill, R/T stripes, wheels and emblems black. Dash pieces in Blaze Pink.

Also did my Mom's Tracker ZR2 trim, grill and wheels.

Before & After

What did you use to paint the dash parts ??? I painted my vent rings with rustoleum pink paint but they turned out kinda rough and not shiney... I used the same paint I used on everything else on my Jeep....

You should do a write up so others can know what you used and how you did it...
I am also curious about the blue on your pumpkin and shocks... Did you remove them to paint them or jsut mask stuff off and paint from underneath it? I am going to paint my pumpkin and going to use stove pipe paint to paint my muffler flat black... I was going to drive the rear up on ramps and paint from underneath...

Last edited by Jeepergurl67; 01-04-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks just like mine whole black matte wrapped. Mine always looks a little dirty even just after a bath. Waiting your feeling about plastidip in this matter.

Great angry look.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my dash in krylon fusion it's shiny looks good abs very durable

Quick Reply: plastidip'd the whole Jeep