Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

plastidip'd the whole Jeep

Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the look. great job

Sent from my i5 using just one thumb and tapatalk
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I want to do this. I love it because it is not a permanent thing. It makes me want to do it bright matte blue or something. Awesome! I do have a question though, and I hope it isn't too stupid. Can you buy plasti dip in a gallon paint can to use it with a sprayer? I have only ever seen it in the spray can and I think that would take a lot of cans haha. Any help from the OP (or whoever knows) would be great!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
I did it a long time ago to my s2000...I was actually one of the first guys to dip their entire car...

Matte red (real color is bright red)

My Jeep I only have the front grill so far...

They have a ton of stock colors and the custom combos are endless. I think I am going to go with matte gecko green (monster green on their site) pearl during the spring.

Are you talking platidip.com? I am just wondering because I can't seem to find a "monster green" on their site. I really want to do my jeep some cool colour like green or blue. Even the red you did on the s2000 looks great. Does it look that good because of the red original paint or does the plasti dip cover up the original paint enough that it doesn't matter what the base coat is? Thanks! Also your JKU made me okay with getting 33's and a small lift because of the pictures you posted on other threads so thanks for that too!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

I think it came out looking awesome.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wranglerboy
I want to do this. I love it because it is not a permanent thing. It makes me want to do it bright matte blue or something. Awesome! I do have a question though, and I hope it isn't too stupid. Can you buy plasti dip in a gallon paint can to use it with a sprayer? I have only ever seen it in the spray can and I think that would take a lot of cans haha. Any help from the OP (or whoever knows) would be great!

Yes, you can buy plastidip in gallon jugs to use in a sprayer from Dipyourcar.com .
Old 12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you talking platidip.com? I am just wondering because I can't seem to find a "monster green" on their site. I really want to do my jeep some cool colour like green or blue. Even the red you did on the s2000 looks great. Does it look that good because of the red original paint or does the plasti dip cover up the original paint enough that it doesn't matter what the base coat is? Thanks! Also your JKU made me okay with getting 33's and a small lift because of the pictures you posted on other threads so thanks for that too!
No. Google dipyourcar. The dip covers the paint but the color does effect brightness. If you spray something like green, orange, or red over black, it will be a little darker and a bit less bright than if you spray it over a white vehicle.

Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 12-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Now for a D44! Haha
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks great man! Great job! I started to do this a couple months back but just didn't have te time so I just did my hood
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry i didnt see ur question at the end. just like the post a couple above this, you can go to dipyourcar.com and they sell the gallons there in many colors. they even have the "pro car kits" that come with everything needed to spray your vehicle including the spayer. there are a few different kits ranging from 1 gallon to 5 or more. YouTube "dipyourcar.com" and there are a ton of videos that will answer all of your questions. and no problem!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Newbie

Good job! I like the matte black look.
As for the durability, I did my wheels a few months ago and they are still like new through half of an Alberta winter. I also went through a car wash with the hard brushes that pulverize your wheels and it held up just fine, it actually came out like new.

Quick Reply: plastidip'd the whole Jeep