Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

plastidip'd the whole Jeep

Old 12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks really good! hope it holds up well.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. You got to plasti-dip your wheels for a uniform look (cover the red).

Anybody have experience when you get mud all over plasti-dip? Does it stain it or does it wash off without visible stains?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

It holds up incredibly well. It is resistant to almost everything. My grill still looks like I sprayed it yesterday, its been over a year, including a north east salty road winter.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynamo
How does it compare to a vinyl wrap in terms of permanence?

Seems like a lot of effort for one rogue twig to ruin it.
It is extremely easy to touch up. Rub the area with a drop of xylene to re-liquify the dip and smooth the raised edges. Then, just spray over it, let dry, good as new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T0jEvxxTzE
Old 12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimdoss
I'm with you on this one. Probably took a big hit in the retail value, too. But it's his Jeep and he can beat it up with a rock for all I care.
Not sure what you mean??? This stuff peels off leaving flawlessly protected paint underneath.
Myths About Plasti Dip (Vol 1) - YouTube
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Looks good. You got to plasti-dip your wheels for a uniform look (cover the red).

Anybody have experience when you get mud all over plasti-dip? Does it stain it or does it wash off without visible stains?
Depending on the mud it can stain just like fenders. It can be easily covered up by a quick touch up spray (remember, home depot sells it) or masked by some shiny stuff like armorall.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's awesome that people do their own projects and share them here. Sharing experiences and knowledge is what this forum is about.
Not everyone will like it, but the ONLY important thing is that YOU like it. Well done man, and THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!

I bought my 2013 a couple of months ago, and might be looking into something to protect the paint, so the value DOESN'T DECREASE more than it has to.
I don't know if this is an option for me, but I like the idea!
Happy trails (and holydays)!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love the mat black look, the owner of ad art has a flat black jk and it's one of the best paint jobs I've seen. I don't have the stones to do it buy I really like it!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoRemote
I think it's awesome that people do their own projects and share them here. Sharing experiences and knowledge is what this forum is about.
Not everyone will like it, but the ONLY important thing is that YOU like it. Well done man, and THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!

I bought my 2013 a couple of months ago, and might be looking into something to protect the paint, so the value DOESN'T DECREASE more than it has to.
I don't know if this is an option for me, but I like the idea!
Happy trails (and holydays)!
Thank you and no problem!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbp810
With all the plasti-dippin going on I knew it was only a matter of time before I saw someone do the whole thing..
It's been done before:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ed-jku-226606/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...yes-no-221359/

But un-ltd_sahara's rig looks SWEET ... forget earl sheib , or MACO , or any body shop with a spray booth. .... when it counts ... WAGNER. I am just effin enthralled with taking a wagner power sprayer to my Jeep. To me that is the awesome part .. yeah the plasti dip is cool ... but the aplication ... priceless

Quick Reply: plastidip'd the whole Jeep