Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plasti dipped fenders and rockers

Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jrod. Have you tried the clear dip yet? Someone all but bought out Allerdice, but I did score a can. Haha. I brought my supplies to Pa with me. If by the off chance I get some downtime.
Ps I'll be rolling back on 35s. (A couple of more business days to wait)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jrod250

Haha. Redman333 must be pretty cool then.
Haha I just saw this. I like to think I'm cool haha.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta plasti dip my wheel wells in the next couple days. I was thinking about doing it along the bottom of the doors too, kind of like the rocker panel skins. anybody attempted it? just thinking i could save my self about $200-$300 ya know?!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider192
Hey Jrod. Have you tried the clear dip yet? Someone all but bought out Allerdice, but I did score a can. Haha. I brought my supplies to Pa with me. If by the off chance I get some downtime.
Ps I'll be rolling back on 35s. (A couple of more business days to wait)
I used the clear dip on the dune buggy
Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
gotta plasti dip my wheel wells in the next couple days. I was thinking about doing it along the bottom of the doors too, kind of like the rocker panel skins. anybody attempted it? just thinking i could save my self about $200-$300 ya know?!
I think that would look sweet...I saw a crush orange with that in the bottom. Plasti dip might be worth a try for that area.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SFXJeep09

I think that would look sweet...I saw a crush orange with that in the bottom. Plasti dip might be worth a try for that area.
I did mine but not as high as most of the rocker panels go mostly just to cover the pinch seem until I get some rubi rails. Just to let you know it's not the strongest thing though in that area. When I went to wash it I couldn't spray it with any kind of water pressure it wanted to peel off. I had to wash that part by hand. I don't mind for my jeep since I know it's a temporary fix but if I was planning on keeping it that way I'd use another more permanent product.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been a little over a year since I dipped my fenders, Windshield hinges and cowl. The dip started to look faded, so I figured I'd peel it and redip them. WRONG!!!!! Apparently a year of sun makes this stuff extremely brittle and thin. I did 5 costs and everything, so I know it was thick enough.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE. I have found that spraying WD40 is helping to remove the dip, but its still a time consuming process.
I you have things dipped that have lots of direct sun, I'd recommend either peeling it every few months or adding more coats every once in a while.

Quick Reply: Plasti dipped fenders and rockers