Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plasti-Dip Rims Before and After

Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemikota4x4

Just curious if anyone has tried to use this stuff on soft top windows? I might try it.
If you end up doing this let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hemikota4x4
Just curious if anyone has tried to use this stuff on soft top windows? I might try it.
Ive never tried it but VHT makes a spray tint, different then the night shades. http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/windowtint/
Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olsen185

I used 3 coats of VHT Nite Shades. It was extremely easy. Just wash them, prep with alcohol, tape off, and spray. Wait 10 minutes between coats. I removed the brake lights but sprayed the marker/ blinkers in place. Total time 1 hour. You can use more or less coats depending on how dark you want them to be.
Can i use the nite shade on my headlights? Maybe only one layer. Do you think it will substract a lot from my lights? I know we are always fighting to make them brighter and one single coat is less output, but, you think it can really make a big difference?
(don't worry about law stuff, i'm outside the US and here police is crap)
Old 12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bingote
Can i use the nite shade on my headlights? Maybe only one layer. Do you think it will substract a lot from my lights? I know we are always fighting to make them brighter and one single coat is less output, but, you think it can really make a big difference?
(don't worry about law stuff, i'm outside the US and here police is crap)
I'm not sure about that. Maybe try the GTS covers that way you can pull them off at night or whenever.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olsen185

I'm not sure about that. Maybe try the GTS covers that way you can pull them off at night or whenever.
Now that i think about it twice, it's a bad idea, lol. It works for markers and brake lights, because you don't need to light up an area, just needs to be visible for other drivers, so the loss is not that noticeable. But with driving lights maybe is not a good idea... Just ignore that question
Old 12-18-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Oh... What did you do with those weights the wheels have for balance? Do you just paint them?
Old 12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bingote
Oh... What did you do with those weights the wheels have for balance? Do you just paint them?
I didn't have to worry about it because I didn't go down to the lip with the plasti dip. If I had done the whole rim I would have just gone right over it.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

For anyone who has plasti-dipped their grill, do you just tape off the rubber on top?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Briguy114
For anyone who has plasti-dipped their grill, do you just tape off the rubber on top?
To be honest, I left it all on and Plasti-dipped it. Peeling the overspray is so easy that you really don't have to worry about it.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AirForceMike
To be honest, I left it all on and Plasti-dipped it. Peeling the overspray is so easy that you really don't have to worry about it.
I have used plasti-dip, I agree with this statement, don't worry too much about overspray

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip Rims Before and After