Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plasti-Dip Rims Before and After

Old 12-18-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olsen185

You can. I'll have to find it but there is a guy that plasti dipped his entire BMW. This isn't the one I was thinking of but here is an example- http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=843848
Man those BMW guys a funny.... I kept on reading to see how easy it was to take off lol 1 hour later.

The wheels look awesome!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a picture from last week when I bought the Jeep.

Last night I decided to smoke the turn signals and brake lights and Plasti-Dip the rims.

Next on the to-do list:
Window tint
Ventvisors
Teraflex 2.5" lift with shocks and spacers
Spidertrax spacers
35" tires
What did you use/ how hard was it to tint your lights?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKCloak
What did you use/ how hard was it to tint your lights?
I used 3 coats of VHT Nite Shades. It was extremely easy. Just wash them, prep with alcohol, tape off, and spray. Wait 10 minutes between coats. I removed the brake lights but sprayed the marker/ blinkers in place. Total time 1 hour. You can use more or less coats depending on how dark you want them to be.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

You took the wheels off correct? Or did you simply tape off the wheels and leave them on your Jeep?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

How well would that hold up on a step bar? Getting a set of poison spider DIY Rico's thinking this would be good to do. How slick is it?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used 3 coats of VHT Nite Shades. It was extremely easy. Just wash them, prep with alcohol, tape off, and spray. Wait 10 minutes between coats. I removed the brake lights but sprayed the marker/ blinkers in place. Total time 1 hour. You can use more or less coats depending on how dark you want them to be.
Cool, thanks man! Did you spray the inside or outside of the tail lights?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

I worried about the same thing [taping the bolt holes]. I didn't tape them off and I didnt have an issue
I have 5 cans in the garage waiting for me to put them on the wheels, grill and antenna of my new rubi. I read in some other threads that sometimes the lug nuts can catch the plasti-dip and start to peel it off, so some guys have put a nickel or quarter in each hole before painting - I'll probably give that a shot.

I'm probably also going to skip masking off the tires, and just worry about peeling off the overspray when the job is done, I've seen a vid of that and it looked pretty easy.

Yours look great BTW, nice job.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamory
You took the wheels off correct? Or did you simply tape off the wheels and leave them on your Jeep?
I took off the wheels, washed them and taped them off.

Cool, thanks man! Did you spray the inside or outside of the tail lights?
I sprayed the outside but a more durable solution would be to spray the inside of the lens.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
How well would that hold up on a step bar? Getting a set of poison spider DIY Rico's thinking this would be good to do. How slick is it?
This is the first time I am using it so I'm not sure about the durability. I'm not sure about using it for a step bar. It isn't slick like paint but I would think something with some texture would be better for that use. But give it a try, if it doesn't work it only cost you $5.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just curious if anyone has tried to use this stuff on soft top windows? I might try it.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip Rims Before and After