Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plasti Dip - Plasti Dipped Wheels

Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
I did my wheels and front badge a few weeks ago. I love this stuff. Trying to find something else to spray but can't find anything else that isn't already black.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
If you spray your fenders and bumper they will always look black.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

we got the fiance's grill, wheels and side stripes done

My grill, d-rings, angry eyes, stripe and wheels

Dipped a Mountain Edition decal on my stock hood before hail damaged it. I dipped a lot more stuff but that's way too many pics to put up.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Picture of my old 08 with Plasti-dipped Rubi wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3068146320.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	521874  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

How is the Dip holding up on the wheels off-road? Thinking of dipping my wheels but wondering if it will be a waste of time after a couple wheeling trips.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Crippler
How is the Dip holding up on the wheels off-road? Thinking of dipping my wheels but wondering if it will be a waste of time after a couple wheeling trips.
I never had any problems whatsoever with it. The only problem I ever had was when a friend decided to kick it and it tore the dip and put a whole in it.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crippler
I dipped my wheels almost a year ago and haven't had to touch them up yet. No hardcore wheeling either, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0817.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	526132
Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

I've got some used Pro Comp wheels that I was planning to paint matte black, but now I wonder if Plasti-dip might be an option. But first, some questions:
1) If I get trail rash, will it be easy to touch up?
2) Any issues with fading over time?

Last edited by DGriz; 01-31-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DGriz
I've got some used Pro Comp wheels that I was planning to paint matte black, but now I wonder if Plasti-dip might be an option. But first, some questions: 1) If I get trail rash, will it be easy to touch up? 2) Any issues with fading over time?
I never had any issues with fading but I did have plenty of issues with trail rash. Each time it happened I would just peel it off and start over, which honestly isn't that hard to do.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DGriz
I've got some used Pro Comp wheels that I was planning to paint matte black, but now I wonder if Plasti-dip might be an option. But first, some questions: 1) If I get trail rash, will it be easy to touch up? 2) Any issues with fading over time?
I saw a video recently that showed how to touch-up by rubbing a paint thinner over the damaged area to fade out the line between the dip and the wheel and then respraying the wheel with two coats. Eliminates the need to completely peel off and start over.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
I saw a video recently that showed how to touch-up by rubbing a paint thinner over the damaged area to fade out the line between the dip and the wheel and then respraying the wheel with two coats. Eliminates the need to completely peel off and start over.

Good info. And I assume the Plasti-Dip will completely peel off clean if I decide I want the wheels to look original again? Just wondering...

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip - Plasti Dipped Wheels