Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plasti Dip

Old 06-08-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question that's probably been answered. How long does this last on the wheels and how does it hold up to normal washing?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by miller-time
I have a question that's probably been answered. How long does this last on the wheels and how does it hold up to normal washing?
Mine have been dipped for about 5 months with no peeling. To clean my wheels i pressure wash them with the hose about a foot away. If you take to time to clean and prep the wheel prior to application youll see longer lasting results.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kessler

Mine have been dipped for about 5 months with no peeling. To clean my wheels i pressure wash them with the hose about a foot away. If you take to time to clean and prep the wheel prior to application youll see longer lasting results.
How exactly did you prep yours before you applied the plasti dip. I've read a lot on this and watched some YouTube videos. Thanks for the information
Old 06-09-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by miller-time
How exactly did you prep yours before you applied the plasti dip. I've read a lot on this and watched some YouTube videos. Thanks for the information
No problem. I cleaned mine with brake cleaner and a clean rag. front and back cause youll want to plastidip the spots you can see thru the tire. So to be safe i just dipped both sides. At 5$ a can its still inexpensive compared to new wheels or powder coating so whats there to lose? Throw some pics up when you do it
Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Just did this today. Turned out great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2302494183.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	327315  
Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Does Plasti dip fade? Anyone try it on anything else? How do they hold up against normal driving? What about your lug nuts?
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by AcidRaiN
Does Plasti dip fade? Anyone try it on anything else? How do they hold up against normal driving? What about your lug nuts?
I did my front jeep logo. I don't recommend doing the lug nuts though, first tire change and itll ruin it. Hasnt faded/chipped away because of the road. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0157.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	327324

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip