Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pictures request - Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Old 07-28-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dan
How is the noise coming from these tires? Highway speeds and city driving. Its my daily driver. I'm looking into getting either 33" or 35".

Thanks!
I have the same question.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Here's mine.

I think road noise is pretty subjective. I don't think it's bad, I was expecting it would be worse, but another person may think otherwise.
It's my daily driver as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2705.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	187059  
Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a set of 315/70r17's. I was surprised how quiet they are. There is a low level "hum" from them around town, actually I find it pleasant. The "hum" rises to a "whine" from about 50mph and up. It is not loud or uncomfortable. I run 35 psi on the street, and air down to 15-18 psi on the trail.

Here's a photo from the summit of Engineer Pass during my trip to Colorado -

I am really happy with these tires. I didn't think I would find tires I liked more than Nitto's, but these really are better....in my opinion.
All the trail time in Colorado only confirmed how good these tires are. I never spun the tires even in muddy terrain.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by texwillys
I just got a set of 315/70r17's. I was surprised how quiet they are. There is a low level "hum" from them around town, actually I find it pleasant. The "hum" rises to a "whine" from about 50mph and up. It is not loud or uncomfortable. I run 35 psi on the street, and air down to 15-18 psi on the trail.
The only time I've ever heard a slight hum was with my doors off during the first few thousand miles, and I'm a couple inched past my fenders.

I've been running them now for 20K miles, rotate every 3-5K miles. And they're dead quiet. That or all the other Jeep noises, wind, radio, etc. are greater then or equal to the tire noise

I'm very happy with their performance thus far. Extremely smooth and quiet for the many hwy miles I'm forced to put on, daily commute and/or road trips, so far so good on the trail, and exceeded my expectations in the snow/slush/water.

I'll buy them again. I wonder if they'll make a 37"
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

I hardly even hear my Duratracs. I have about 10k miles on them now with 3k rotations. If your listening for them you can hear them, but wind noise and my aftermarket exhaust are louder.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Tread Lightly Goodyear Mail-In Rebate

FYI
I just told someone at work about how much I like my Duratracs, and he bought himself a set. After he bought them we found that if you are a Tread Lightly member that you get a $100 rebate on a set of Duratracs. Just Google "tread lightly goodyear rebate," and you'll find it.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is the link for the membership. The $100 Goodyear rebate is good for the rest of the year. Members also get a 1% under invoice price on Jeep and Chrysler vehicles.

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php...al-Memberships
Old 08-02-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mjones
trail trash aka bottle had no problem entering mine.. first offroad flat that I have ever had besides a bead break due to pressures. 3 inch slice through tread and carcass.
I looked at them today at Discount Tire, I thought the tire seemed soft; squishy in the tread area and sidewalls. I doubt they are as tough as Toyos or Falkens. They also seem very light for a 34.5" x 12" tire.

I'm not sure they are tough enough for off road use in rocks.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by A/C Guy

Yeah, you're probably right. I better stick to the mall from now on...

Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A/C Guy
I looked at them today at Discount Tire, I thought the tire seemed soft; squishy in the tread area and sidewalls. I doubt they are as tough as Toyos or Falkens. They also seem very light for a 34.5" x 12" tire.

Dont let their apparent softeness fool you, they wear very nicely. I have 23k very hard miles on mine and they are holding up great. Still have at least half tread. I beat the piss out of them on and off road. My wheeling spot of choice is full of some very sharp granite, haven't killed a duratrac yet. The same terrian did a number on my old bfg mt's. Light tires are a good thing, less rotating mass means better performance and better fuel economy.

Quick Reply: Pictures request - Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac