Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Picture request, sunrider top up

Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol I'm happy that I made you happy
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bhood13

You're supposed to pull back the two sections of the top and make a "w" shape. When you have it lifted vertically, take each section that's loose and pull it towards the back. Easy with two people, but I just do it best I can on one side then go the the other to fix it. End result will look like above. Also, it's better for folding the entire top down. If you don't do this your bows will be sticking up along the rollbars.
X2. Make sure you don't have any material being pinched by the folding arms. It's a great way to initiate premature wear and tear on top. It will only be a matter of time before the folder metal, of the arms, starts cutting into the top.

Side note: jeep has a recall on the top. Apparently the rear horizontal bar, that holds up the rear corners, rubs the top the wrong way. Causes premature wearing. Dealership will install some plastic piece that is supposed to prevent it. Just had mine done last month when I took the jeep in. I wasn't aware of the recall though.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I just go to Jeep and see?

Quick Reply: Picture request, sunrider top up