Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Picture request, sunrider top up

Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture request, sunrider top up

I would like to see some jeeps 2 and 4 door with the sunrider top up. Here is a picture of mine that i put up tonight and it took a little patiance but i think i did it right. Let me know if you see anything wrong..So post them if you got am....

Old 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only thing I see.
put the velcro straps on behind the rivets, then slide them back as far as possible. You may have to push down on the top a little, but the strap should slide all the way back. it just makes it a little more secure
Old 04-15-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myklt8
only thing I see.
put the velcro straps on behind the rivets, then slide them back as far as possible. You may have to push down on the top a little, but the strap should slide all the way back. it just makes it a little more secure
Awsome, thank you..
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

For some reason my doesn't go as far back as the pics above. My folds back and the top lays half way into the back seats and dips down into the back seats if that makes any sense. I'll try to take some pics later on
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Here's my two door. Sorry for the bad pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2460836676.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	315440  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by C_GERM
For some reason my doesn't go as far back as the pics above. My folds back and the top lays half way into the back seats and dips down into the back seats if that makes any sense. I'll try to take some pics later on
You're supposed to pull back the two sections of the top and make a "w" shape. When you have it lifted vertically, take each section that's loose and pull it towards the back. Easy with two people, but I just do it best I can on one side then go the the other to fix it. End result will look like above. Also, it's better for folding the entire top down. If you don't do this your bows will be sticking up along the rollbars.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'll try that in a little bit. Hopefully it works. Every time I would do the sun rider I thought I was doing something wrong. I was thinking to myself there's no way it's suppose to go half way into the back seats and sort of fold down inside.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got good news! I was just folding it wrong...thanks for all the help guys. The pics and directions deffinalty helps
Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank God, we saved another one... I see tops folded the wrong way like you were doing all the time.. Drives me bonkers
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

I was my 08 2dr had the sunrider. :(

Quick Reply: Picture request, sunrider top up