Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics wanted of Stock Flares done with Rhino Line or LineX

Old 08-03-2011 | 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Flares done!!!

Steps involved in case someone wanted to do it as well:
Supplies: 4 cans of bedliner I used Duplicolor bed armour but use what you like.
320 grit sandpaper, empty cigarette pack (you'll see), if you don't smoke than now is the time to start , I used painters paper usually found in rolls for about $10 and plenty of tape. Remember to use the four letter word a lot, no not that word...
PREP PREP and more PREP.

Note: This was done with the flares on.

1. Tape between the flare and body, I used a cigarette pack folded in half to press the tape firmly between the gap of the flare and body .

2. Mask off everything even if there is no wind present.

3. Rye and coke break

4. 320 grit ( what I used ) to scuff up the flares, no need to sand through the paint just give the liner a better surface to adhere to.

5. Use light even coats at first for the first few passes all while keeping a good 10-12" from surface.

6. Explain to wife why this is easy to do on a $30k vehicle and flash a nut through shorts .

7. Another rye and coke break since you should be hydrated while doing this.

8. Finish off flare(s) with a thicker even coat and let dry. You can go over everything again if you wish just to use up the remainder of the liner.

9. Yep you guessed...hydrate with another beverage of choice and snap a pic or two.
Before and after
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0042.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	189856Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0046.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	189857
Old 08-03-2011 | 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice look!
Old 08-03-2011 | 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BadOleRoss
That looks so much better with the black flares, great job!
Thank you and I agree it does look better with the black flares, now to do the hinges.
Old 08-03-2011 | 05:15 PM
JK Freak

You could have sold your red fenders on ebay and purchased stock black fenders and had money left over for more mods.

But it does look good.
Old 11-29-2012 | 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wpgwrangler
Steps involved in case someone wanted to do it as well:
Supplies: 4 cans of bedliner I used Duplicolor bed armour but use what you like.
320 grit sandpaper, empty cigarette pack (you'll see), if you don't smoke than now is the time to start , I used painters paper usually found in rolls for about $10 and plenty of tape. Remember to use the four letter word a lot, no not that word...
PREP PREP and more PREP.

Note: This was done with the flares on.

1. Tape between the flare and body, I used a cigarette pack folded in half to press the tape firmly between the gap of the flare and body .

2. Mask off everything even if there is no wind present.

3. Rye and coke break

4. 320 grit ( what I used ) to scuff up the flares, no need to sand through the paint just give the liner a better surface to adhere to.

5. Use light even coats at first for the first few passes all while keeping a good 10-12" from surface.

6. Explain to wife why this is easy to do on a $30k vehicle and flash a nut through shorts .

7. Another rye and coke break since you should be hydrated while doing this.

8. Finish off flare(s) with a thicker even coat and let dry. You can go over everything again if you wish just to use up the remainder of the liner.

9. Yep you guessed...hydrate with another beverage of choice and snap a pic or two.
Before and after
Attachment 189856Attachment 189857
I'm curious as to how these have held up. Anyone else rhino/linex/bedline their flares and have had good luck with it? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Pics wanted of Stock Flares done with Rhino Line or LineX