Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics wanted of Stock Flares done with Rhino Line or LineX

Old 09-23-2010 | 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepsterzk
Why did you guys bedline the plastics? To me, the plastic looks better than the bedliner... Is it for durability? Because, the plastic fenders are fairly durable. I can see how the plastic looks cheap, because it is. However, the bedliner does too. I'm not attacking anyone, just curious as to why this is done..
I was wondering the same thing, It must be just for looks cause putting bedliner on your top does nothing for it
Old 09-23-2010 | 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

yeah i agree. not knocking anyone but...i think it looks better without
Old 09-23-2010 | 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

If the fender flexes too much with the spray on kind will crack and flake off, especially if not prepped right. I used this on a front bumper and then ended up stripping it and getting it line-x'd cause it ended up going downhill, fast.

Just a fair warning
Old 09-23-2010 | 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepsterzk
Why did you guys bedline the plastics? To me, the plastic looks better than the bedliner... Is it for durability? Because, the plastic fenders are fairly durable. I can see how the plastic looks cheap, because it is. However, the bedliner does too. I'm not attacking anyone, just curious as to why this is done..
Unless you have a Sahara!!!

Im not a fan of my tan hard top. Thinking about bed lining it black. Also my flairs, and grill.
Old 08-02-2011 | 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Bump to the top.

Would love to do grill/outside of hard top/ and flares...but it would all have to be the same spray on, or all be line-x'd.

Wondering if there are more pics out there.
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Bump to the top.

Would love to do grill/outside of hard top/ and flares...but it would all have to be the same spray on, or all be line-x'd.

Wondering if there are more pics out there.
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Just my guess, but i would imagine they bedline bumpers and fenders because the stock plastic will turn white if it sits in the sun long enough
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:21 AM
JK Freak

I had my grille and hood Line X'd.....I had done my TJ as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0051.jpg
Views:	1343
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	189416Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0050.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	189417
Old 08-02-2011 | 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not opposed to bedlining anything that sits still long enough, but when I bought my Rubi it was obvious the PO didn't bother to put anything on the top or fenders to counter the constant sun and fading. I picked up a can of the Black Magic tire wet spray from Walmart and after letting the jeep sit in direct sunlight on a 98 degree day. After the plastic was blisteringly hot, I shot the fenders and roof (hardtop). I used probably half the can, and let it sit for a few minutes, then went back over everything with a shop towel wiping off the excess. Best $3.75 I've spent at Walmart in a while. Black, water beads right off ( no annoying hard water spots) and not greasy like armor all. I know, I know, it's a Jeep, but I still like my stuff to look good on my way to play.
Old 08-02-2011 | 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Here is mine done with Rustoleum spray on liner.,..

Awesome looking, great job btw

Quick Reply: Pics wanted of Stock Flares done with Rhino Line or LineX