Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

pics...PA 1" body lift added (rear bumper raised)

Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you secure the top bolt for the bumper bracket. I know there are threads in the frame for the lower one (which was used for the top one before the body lift).
To raise the rear bumper, do these steps.....

1) Remove the plasctic part of the bumper by taking out the bolts above the muffler and the 2 bolts on either side of the bumper corners that are not attached to the frame (the two "shinny bolts in the very last pic I posted). Once the plastic is off, you can see inside the frame rail.

2) Take off the side brackets by removing the bolts that are mounted to the frame (nuts are welded inside frame, so they don't come out). Move the brackets up so the lower hole on the bracket is now lined up with the upper hole on the frame and bolt it down so it is tight , BUT, not too tight so you can move it slightly.

3) Re-mount the plastic bumper piece to the frame brackets and "adjust" it so that the bumper is sitting flush/level with the body seams...basically, line it up so it is not sagging. Then mark your frame for the new upper holes for the frame brackets to be drilled.

4) Remove the plastic bumper piece again and the frame bracket. Drill your new holes, and remount the bracket. You can easily reach inside the frame rail and install the nut for the new upper bolt/hole.

5) Remount the plastic piece, and you are done.

This whole process only took me about 20 min. It cost me less than $2 for the 2 new bolts, washers, and nuts, for the 2 new holes I made.

I can't remember if there are 2 brackets or just 1 above the muffler, but for those, I let the bracket rest on top of the frame bolt and ran the bolt in. You could slot the hole, but I figured there was no point. The bumper is just plastic after all.

Last edited by wrnglrguy; 03-27-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good!!!!

Quick Reply: pics...PA 1" body lift added (rear bumper raised)