Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of my Surf Blue with 4" Lift and 35's

Old 09-26-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is super sharp! To each his own on wheels.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple things I would check on, and recommend.

with 4"s of lift, my 3" Teraflex lift was around 4.25 inches of lift. Definitely look into front and rear adjustable track bars and front lower control arms. This will allow you to recenter both of your axles and adjust your pinion angle up front to help with possible vibrations and overall handling and steering feel up front.

Your rig looks great. I'm not a chrome fan, but mainly cause i rarely wash my jeep. Have fun and enjoy!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKChad
Couple things I would check on, and recommend.

with 4"s of lift, my 3" Teraflex lift was around 4.25 inches of lift. Definitely look into front and rear adjustable track bars and front lower control arms. This will allow you to recenter both of your axles and adjust your pinion angle up front to help with possible vibrations and overall handling and steering feel up front.

Your rig looks great. I'm not a chrome fan, but mainly cause i rarely wash my jeep. Have fun and enjoy!
He has the Rancho Sport lift that has drop brackets for the stock arms; this negates the need for after market lower control arms.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be very careful on rocks with that lift. some guys have reported damaging those drop brackets on the rocks. If you do, quadratec sells replacements for like $180 a side. I have the part numbers if you ever lose them.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
be very careful on rocks with that lift. some guys have reported damaging those drop brackets on the rocks. If you do, quadratec sells replacements for like $180 a side. I have the part numbers if you ever lose them.
Not planning on doing much rock climbing. Mainly a trail guy with the wife and kids. Thanks for the info though. That is always good to know.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, for what my opinion is worth, I really like the kit. I think the drop bracket is a great way to fix caster and poor driving issues you can get with a taller lift. I think it is a well thought out great bang for the buck kit that gets looked over too much.

I just wanted to give you a heads up about rocks and those brackets. I have the part numbers because I almost added those bracket to my kit that had all adjustable arms to make the arms more parallel to the frame, but I like playing on the rocks a lot and I have seen those brackets get pretty beat up from them.

congrats on the new lift and feet. It looks great.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Nice jeep, like the color.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks awesome! Thats my fav color. I have those wheels as well but mine are black...good choice.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Love the color, rims and lift. Nice rig!

Quick Reply: Pics of my Surf Blue with 4" Lift and 35's