Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics from my Rugged Ridge Snorkel install

Old 08-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This snorkel system is pretty sick, I can't wait until we decide to install it on our shop Jeep!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vin
Yes. It travels up.
Wouldn't it be a problem in the rain? With chopped flares, a lot of water gets thrown upwards in that general area.

Edit: Looked at the photo again, and it looks like it's far enough foward where it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TRAUMAhead
Wouldn't it be a problem in the rain? With chopped flares, a lot of water gets thrown upwards in that general area.

Edit: Looked at the photo again, and it looks like it's far enough foward where it wouldn't be a problem.
That's what I'm thinking. I get alot of spray on the doors, not on the windshield.

I'm going to take off he lights this weekend and run the high snorkel for a bit. I'll post pics and feedback.

On a side note; I got on the engine a bit today on the drive home. traffic was a mess and people were pissing me off. I did notice a nice growl from the engine when I was hitting 4 grand on the tach.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

OK, as promised, some pics of the high mount.

I removed my windshield lights. I'll run this for a while and see what kind of milage I get.

My only dislike so far is that the windshield wiper is trapped under the snorkel. You really have to bend it to get it out as opposed to some bending with the windshield mounted lights.

I was asked about measurements at the top of the windshield for use with lightbars. You have about 5 inches of void between the top of the snorkel and the front of the windshield at the top and about 2.5 inches at the lower edge of the snorkel opening.

Quick Reply: Pics from my Rugged Ridge Snorkel install