Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of 'home-fabbed' Brake line extension brackets?

Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Pics of 'home-fabbed' Brake line extension brackets?

Hey folks,

I've been looking for pics of fabbed-up relocation/extension brackets for the brake lines, using common hardware store parts. Can anybody point me at a thread or a pic or two? Looking for what shape to make them and what material to use. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have a pic but I used a piece of 1" flat stock about 3.25" long . Drilled some holes in it and used one of the stock bolts. Mounted it on a slight angle.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's mine....just a spare piece of aluminum bar that I cut to length and drilled some holes in...

Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't take any pics of mine either, but search on "Fence Menders" and see if something comes up. Basically all you need is a 4" fence mender (these are at any hardware store and essentially a 4" x 1" piece of soft steel with 4 or 5 holes drilled in them...usually in the section with brackets or fence/deck building supplies) and then some appropriate stainless hardware (I did a nylock nut, bolt and two washers). Once you do that it becomes obvious. You may need to bend them slightly to get the best clearance from flexing parts, but all in all, just figuring it out based on peoples description got it done in less than 30 minutes.

Or the picture that just got in front of me works well too.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default brake line bracket

I used a handle off of a 1" ball valve. It was long enough to do both sides on the rear. I have a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0981.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	23214  
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepginn
Not to be ralph nader but your brake line shouldnt be bent like that. Be safe by some extended brake lines
yeah not sure why it is though...even when fully flexed there is plenty of slack in the line.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think jeepginn is talking about where the top line goes into the fitting, it's at a bad angle going in.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah ive noticed that before myself...but i have no clue how it got that way...guess i could try to bend it straight but its not in a bind and i'd hate to break it
Old 04-29-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok you all are extending your brake lines but what about the abs line
Old 04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
yeah ive noticed that before myself...but i have no clue how it got that way...guess i could try to bend it straight but its not in a bind and i'd hate to break it
One of mine was like that from the factory aswell, I straightened it but at a high pucker factor.

Quick Reply: Pics of 'home-fabbed' Brake line extension brackets?