Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of black 2010 JK Mountain

Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32k bought me a RUBICON!!!! hard top with NAV!!!! guess im a good negotiator
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

my dealer just got in a Mountain exactly like this one for same MSRP. Pretty tempting. But he has a matching Mountain in blue arriving in a day or two also. I think I'd prefer blue over black if i were to buy one.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

I always hate to be the one to step in it, but.... I own a Mountain Edition and I love it!

My reason for purchasing was that the Rubicons at the dealership were 4k more than the mountain, and those were the 2 door rubicons!

The Mountain was the same cost as the Saharas they had, but the Sahara isn't what I really wanted.

I figured if I bought a sport I would swap out the wheels within a year for gray or black wheels anyway.

To each his own, but I love my Jeep and am pleased with my purchase. I hope you all still wave at me on the road.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, the Rubicon they have up there is 35,800. So I figure, even after some smooth talking, you can get the Mountain for 3500-4000 less than the Rubicon even if they come off the price of the Rubi.
Man, that is expensive for Graham, NC. I just bought my 2010 JK Sprot in Charlotte, NC for $29K. I put about $4K into it and feel I am close to having something better than a stock Rubi.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intervention

D44 front end- 800.00
Rubicon transfer case-1500.00
Locking diffs-800.00 x 2 = 1600.00
Rubicon sway bar-1400.00
Gear set with labor~1000.00

Now, supposing that you are getting your unlimited sport with the power locks and windows, 32 bfg mt's and a hard top for about 28-29,000, adding that shopping list is going to put you well over 35,000. Those numbers are from me doing quick searches and using low prices, and that doesn't even include labor. So, is the Rubicon worth it? Abso-frick'n-lutely. Also, the argument of buying a sport and making it more bad ass than a Rubi for Rubi sticker price is absurd. Of course you can make a sport taller, put bigger tires on it, and a winch, but most people leave out little essential details that make it a Rubicon.

I've made this argument before, and I'll say it again, these packages were acts of genius on the part of Jeep. You don't have to be a hardcore off road hobbiest/enthusiast to own a JK. This package caters to people who want aesthetically pleasing upgrades.

Do I think that price is too high? A tad. But at the same time you are getting the Rubi suspension and a really nice, different than the rest of ours interior. But I will say this, I got my 2010 Rubicon unlimited with dual tops and everything but navi for that price.

End rant
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

The gun metal color grill on the mountain editions, is it a sticker or a whole grill?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brickybobby
D44 front end- 800.00
Rubicon transfer case-1500.00
Locking diffs-800.00 x 2 = 1600.00
Rubicon sway bar-1400.00
Gear set with labor~1000.00

Now, supposing that you are getting your unlimited sport with the power locks and windows, 32 bfg mt's and a hard top for about 28-29,000, adding that shopping list is going to put you well over 35,000. Those numbers are from me doing quick searches and using low prices, and that doesn't even include labor. So, is the Rubicon worth it? Abso-frick'n-lutely. Also, the argument of buying a sport and making it more bad ass than a Rubi for Rubi sticker price is absurd. Of course you can make a sport taller, put bigger tires on it, and a winch, but most people leave out little essential details that make it a Rubicon.

I've made this argument before, and I'll say it again, these packages were acts of genius on the part of Jeep. You don't have to be a hardcore off road hobbiest/enthusiast to own a JK. This package caters to people who want aesthetically pleasing upgrades.

Do I think that price is too high? A tad. But at the same time you are getting the Rubi suspension and a really nice, different than the rest of ours interior. But I will say this, I got my 2010 Rubicon unlimited with dual tops and everything but navi for that price.

End rant
I agree which which is why I went with the Rubicon. It my first jeep and eventually, I'd like to build a monster with 60s and a hemi but for my first jeep, there's no way I could have built something more capable than for the price of a stock rubi. I do plan to re-gear so the 4.10s werent a help but the lockers and D44s alone were worth it for me. The mountain edition is pretty if that's what you're looking for and planning to leave it stock, one of the best editions I've seen from Jeep.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepManUnlimited
The gun metal color grill on the mountain editions, is it a sticker or a whole grill?
The grill is that color. Not a sticker. The stickers some people dislike run sideways on the hood.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

I like the two color body and grill
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

That grill would look really nice with AEV argent colored wheels

Quick Reply: Pics of black 2010 JK Mountain