Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of black 2010 JK Mountain

Old 05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of black 2010 JK Mountain

Looking through the forum, I haven't seen too much on this edition. So I stopped by my local dealership yesterday and snapped a few pics of this black Mountain they had. I've seen some pics of the Rescue Green ones and didn't really like the colors together. But on the black, I think it looks great. If I had already unloaded my Mustang that I need to sell, I would probably be up there talking to them about this one today. Anyhow, here's some pics.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like that one better than the Rescue Green, but still, very expensive for a Sport!!! $4,100 for the "Mountain Package???" Holy crap that is high!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

The gunmetal wheel color looks really good on the black, but other than that... 32K buys you a rubicon, nuff said.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
The gunmetal wheel color looks really good on the black, but other than that... 32K buys you a rubicon, nuff said.
Well, the Rubicon they have up there is 35,800. So I figure, even after some smooth talking, you can get the Mountain for 3500-4000 less than the Rubicon even if they come off the price of the Rubi.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Well, the Rubicon they have up there is 35,800. So I figure, even after some smooth talking, you can get the Mountain for 3500-4000 less than the Rubicon even if they come off the price of the Rubi.
The Mountain edition is being pushed hard this year because it's brand new and is meant to appeal to a certain demographic, while the rubicon is known for what it is. I tend to think you might be able to swing a better deal on the rubi. You get stronger axles, shocks, lockers, sway dissconnect and a ton of other stuff. Is there anyway you could get those wheels on a black rubi??? that would be one sharp looking Jeep then.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do unlimited's really have that big of a gas tank? (build sheet) I thought my 2door only had a 16 gallon, but my build sheet that i had printed out says like 18 gallons. Wow my gas mileage is like 12, with worn down 35's to 33's and 4.10 on all terrains...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, the unlimiteds have jumbo tanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a fan of the orange decal on the hood.

Still, for $4K you can buy a base Sport and get a badass lift, tires, and suspension and come out looking better than the Mountain edition.

Our local dealer has some Sports that have a factory lift and oversized tires and they're charging an additional $7K for all of it.

Why pay thousands extra for something you can do yourself for much much less.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fadeout
You get stronger axles, shocks, lockers, sway dissconnect and a ton of other stuff.
No offense, but I think you've just listed everything that makes the Rubi unique, except the transfer case. There's actually not a "ton of other stuff." Although, the stuff you listed is a lot of $$$$ and very desirable stuff!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2007JKX
Not a fan of the orange decal on the hood.

Still, for $4K you can buy a base Sport and get a badass lift, tires, and suspension and come out looking better than the Mountain edition.

Our local dealer has some Sports that have a factory lift and oversized tires and they're charging an additional $7K for all of it.

Why pay thousands extra for something you can do yourself for much much less.
This is exactley why I decided on the x instead of the Rubi...well that and its a little more affordable. Someone told me at the dealer that you could build an x and still do all and more than a Rubi and still come in under the rubi sticker price. So far he's been right.

Quick Reply: Pics of black 2010 JK Mountain