Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic Request/Roof Racks

Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_Minnesota
i have a limited height garage i park at for work. once the brackets are installed for this rack, how difficult/easy would it be to remove the rack and supports (leaving the brackets on the bumper and windshield)?

i'm trying to find something i can throw on for weekend trips and take off again come monday morning.
Prolly 10 minutes as long as you have 2 people and a place to keep the rack in its assembled state.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK...after a couple weeks with the Kargo Master, I'm re-thinking the idea of drilling into my roof. Those of you with the rails installed on the roof, how much weight can it hold, and have you had any problems with leaking or cracking? I'm just worried about the possibility of wind grabbing my snowboard and yanking the whole rack off the top.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump...
I called Jeep yesterday, and they wouldn't even give me a load limit for the hard top. Any observations from those who have been brave enough to drill holes???
Old 02-15-2008, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the lowriders to attach the crossbars, and then the basket will go on top of that. Like I said though, it will sit up waaaaay too high. There's no way to attach the basket directly to the Kargo Master. Even if I could, it would still sit up too high.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Even if I could just attach the Mega Warrior by itself on top of the Congo cage, it would still be too tall, and my JK isn't all that tall. I only have about 2.5" of lift, and 33" tires.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've just posted up my Kargo Master for sale. If anyone is anywhere in the vicinity of Jonesboro, AR or Memphis, TN PM me with an offer and I'll make you a deal.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump...Kargo Master Congo Cage for sale.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

i have the kargo master congocage.
$329, holds 500 lbs. and doesn't mount to the body.
i haul my kayak, john boat, and long supplies from home depot on it, not one complaint.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice, I want to get one of those..

Quick Reply: Pic Request/Roof Racks