Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic Request/Roof Racks

Old 01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-29-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

That is a great looking rack.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like how you dont' have to drill into the body panels with this one..

If i ever need one, or get one, this will be the one that i need to get, or get because i need to get one if I need to get one that I need. (to get.)
Old 01-30-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

I've been eyeing the Kargo Master rack for a little while now. Have you tried tilting it yet, does that work pretty easily?

FYI, the rack is higher on the hard top, because it needs to fit over the soft top as well. Take an inch off and it would hit a soft top.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't tried tilting it yet, but from the way it went together, it doesn't look like tilting is gonna work too well. I really don't think I'll ever use my soft top, so I may go ahead and chop off an inch. I'll do some close measuring to see for sure.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Junkie

Why do you think tilting will be an issue? Just trying to get some info before I decide to buy or not.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Smile Another KargoMaster Rack Install: Impressions

I also received and installed my rack over the past couple of days. I got it with the Utility Crossbars and will be using it primarily to haul building materials. My Rubicon Unlimited is stock and this set-up still fits in the garage.

Install was about 3 hours and I was able to do it on my own by first, loosly installing the front U bar, then put the bars that extend front to back in place and resting on the roof. Then with a little elbow grease and a mallet, got the rear U bar attached to the bars on the roof and then into the bracket on the rear bumper. I mention this because following the included instructions = 2 man install.

I drove around last night in 50 MPH winds with speeds not exceeding 40MPH and I could hear wind noise but nothing terrible. This moring I drove around again 40MPH or below but with little wind and all was quiet.

The rack is very solid and its going to serve my needs well. All in all, no regrets.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

The bars fit a little tight into the front hoop, and they require a little bit of force to push them in. It doesn't seem like the angle at which it is supposed to come apart will work very well either. It's kinda hard to explain without being able to show it.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a limited height garage i park at for work. once the brackets are installed for this rack, how difficult/easy would it be to remove the rack and supports (leaving the brackets on the bumper and windshield)?

i'm trying to find something i can throw on for weekend trips and take off again come monday morning.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dc_Minnesota
i have a limited height garage i park at for work. once the brackets are installed for this rack, how difficult/easy would it be to remove the rack and supports (leaving the brackets on the bumper and windshield)?

i'm trying to find something i can throw on for weekend trips and take off again come monday morning.
It took me an another good-sized friend to manipulate the bars enough to get the bolts into place on the back end. Other than that, it probably wouldn't be too terribly difficult.

Quick Reply: Pic Request/Roof Racks