Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request - Mickey Thompson MTZs (Please!)

Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request - Mickey Thompson MTZs (Please!)

Hey guys,

After much deliberation, I've finally decided on a lift for my '07 Sahara 2dr, and I picked up a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift from Northridge4x4! (It's arriving tomorrow and I can't friggin' wait)

Next comes new tires and wheels. I've looked through tons and tons of threads on here for hours on end (lol!) and I've pretty much decided on Mickey Thompson MTZ tires to ride on black steelies. But I'm still a bit torn as to what size of tire/rim, so if anyone has these tires, on any wheels really, I'd really love to see them!

I'd especially like to see 15" - 16" black rims with 33" MTZs on a 2dr as this is the setup I'm leaning towards.

Also, If anyone would like to chime in with any suggestions/comments, please do so! But, please, please don't just tell me to just search the other threads (ie. "Show your 33s", "Show your 15s", "Show your black wheels", etc) because I've been through them start to finish more than once already!

Thanks guys, I can't say enough good things about the forum, it's helped me make so many tough decisions so far! This is a fairly large purchase I'm about to make, and I just need a bit more help to make sure I'll be happy with what I get. I'll make sure to take a bunch of before/after pictures and post them, in case someone else is in the same boat I'm in.

-Matt
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Here's a couple pictures of my rig (with my other toy!), just so you get an idea of what they are going on.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just got mine on today! i have 33x12.50x15's looks great. i would post pics but it is a 4 door. i have posted this before but i will say it again. i ordered MB72 wheels from discount tire direct.com and they were great. they said if for some reason thy didn't fir i could send them back. now when i went to order the tires from them it was a different story. the guy said it would take forever to order the MTZ's i figured if i pushed the issue i could have gotten them either by calling back or saying that i insisted on ordering through them. i just ordered it through 4wheel parts for $220 a piece. hope this helps. sorry if it doesn't. feel free to PM me for questions or pics
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fyrguy
i just got mine on today! i have 33x12.50x15's looks great. i would post pics but it is a 4 door. i have posted this before but i will say it again. i ordered MB72 wheels from discount tire direct.com and they were great. they said if for some reason thy didn't fir i could send them back. now when i went to order the tires from them it was a different story. the guy said it would take forever to order the MTZ's i figured if i pushed the issue i could have gotten them either by calling back or saying that i insisted on ordering through them. i just ordered it through 4wheel parts for $220 a piece. hope this helps. sorry if it doesn't. feel free to PM me for questions or pics
Nice, congrats on the new boots! Post some pics!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 PM
JK Newbie

Here is a 2dr with a 2.5" lift, 16" black steelies and 33" MTZs. Picture is at Funnel Lake, 10,500 feet up in the California Sierras.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM
JK Newbie

Here are some more of a 2dr with 2.5" lift, 16" black steelies and 33" MTZs

This is my daughter (her jeep) in Jacoby Canyon in the San Bernardino Mtns.

Some snow. Also in the San Bernardino Mtns.

This is at my daughters house in NW California. She lives in the middle of 200 square miles of cattle ranches and forest.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default MTZ Pics Review

I know tires are a huge decision so here is my stance on the MTZ. I have only had these tire for a little while but they have been on the Jeep for over 12000 miles. They don't have a lot of road noise as compared to other Mud Terrians I have experience in the past (old model BFG Mud Terrians, Swamper TSL, or Swamper Thornbirds). They are also not wearing as fast as a normal mud terrain. They handle mud and snow easily yet mine don't drift along the highway as others do. Hope this helps and good luck. Oh 34.7" on 17 Mickey Classics
Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Nice rigs! I'm really liking those tires too, I figure I'll price out a set today, but keep the pictures coming!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

I posted this recently in a different thread, but here it is again. 37x12.50x17 MTZ on Pro Comp's. 3" lift...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Not the best pic, but I like the 17" look with the MTZ's then the 16's but that's my opinion. Oh and those are only 32's

BTW I don't think our jk's can take 15"s? Wiithout changing the brake setup. I think but not sure.

Quick Reply: Pic request - Mickey Thompson MTZs (Please!)