Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request: looking to see 33" MTZ's

Old 02-22-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request: looking to see 33" MTZ's

Any one have 33x12.5x17 on the rugged ridge jk wheels in satin black? Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

On my desk top PC...will dig them up. I have tell same wheels love them...I went with ATZ at the end of my searching.

See you are also from Ontario. To get you started take a look at Unique Chrysler in Burlington or Peel Chrysler in Etobicoke....the always have this tire package on new JKs on their lots. Check the web sites or Kajiji they have them posted most times.

Will dig up some of my photos later today and post up.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
On my desk top PC...will dig them up. I have tell same wheels love them...I went with ATZ at the end of my searching. See you are also from Ontario. To get you started take a look at Unique Chrysler in Burlington or Peel Chrysler in Etobicoke....the always have this tire package on new JKs on their lots. Check the web sites or Kajiji they have them posted most times. Will dig up some of my photos later today and post up.
Awesome thanks! I've already found the pics on kijiji from Peel, been scanning the interweb for a bit haha. I guess I'm also looking to get peoples opinions on them and what setup they run. If I lived closer to those dealers I'd definitely just drive over. Why did you end up choosing the ATZ? Thanks for the post and looking forward to the pics.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I did ALOT of reading (ALOT) before I made my purchase last year. I knew for sure wheels had to be Rugged Ridge 17X9 Satin Black, they are one of the few wheels made 100% for the JKs, and are hub-centric. The offset of these wheels are 4.75", which I also liked, as they allow for a bit more 'sticky out' past the fenders. And, they just look really good, it was one of those things as soon as I saw them....I had radar lock.

The tires hurt my head thinking this one through, had lots of feed back from folks here, and I was really torn on MTZ or ATZ. It came down to being honest with myself and what I use MY Jeep for. I'm a daily driver, 120KM per day 5 days a week in GTA traffic. Prior to this purchase these were my first 'big Jeep wheels and tires' so I admit was a newbie. Some of the reviews I read noted MTZ have less then ideal road manners on wet roads, and can be down right scary on ice. Some folks also reported fast tire wear, and scallop tires when they are not rotated every 5,000KMs

All that being said I did the ATZs (5), as they are a bit less of a aggressive tire, a Hybrid AT/MT, and reviews on tread life, better rolling resistance for better fuel mileage, and bit better performance on snow and ice. (think typical GTA snow, slush, powder, packed snow)

I'm very happy with the tires, they are wearing vey well with 30,000KM on them. I've lost about 2 to 3/32", 5 tire rotation every 5,000KM. Much to my surprise, they are not a quite tire, and have the 'we can hear you coming' before we see you hum...and I love it!!

I've had to return for two re-balance, not uncommon for tires of this size I guess.

Performance in this winters weather (lots of snow and polar vortex here). Excellent, not once have I felt like I made a mistake and felt like the tires were a bad selection.

I also did a Teraflex Level kit at the same time 2" in the front and 1" in the rear, and IMHO it was well worth it. The Jeep sits level, and the extra lift allows for a better proportion in terms of wheel size, wheel well opening....they don't look 'stuffed'.

I do mild trails, nothing extreme, and no issues with rubbing.

I get compliments from Jeepers and non-Jeepers quite often.

Very happy with the Mickey Thompson product, and, if I had to do it again knowing what I know now...I'd do the MTZ, but, less then a year ago I was not as educated a Jeeper as I am today.

Mickey has discontinued the ATZ, and replaced it with a ATZ P3. I've seen them, and there's a few good threads here....they look very good aswell.

Photos bellow I took of new Jeeps on the dealer lot, stock suspension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120717-00358.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	532672Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120717-00359.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	532673Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120717-00360.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	532674Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120717-00361.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	532675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120717-00362.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	532676
Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also in Ontario and started with 33" Mickey ATZ's before I sold them 8 months later to get 35" Mickey MTZ's ..... I wanted a more aggressive look and bigger after my 3" lift. The ATZ's were a pretty good tire and I loved my 35" MTZ's in the summer and offroad. Sold them after 3 years this past fall and now have 37" Goodyear MTR's w Kevlar going on this March cause at that size it was lighter. BUT FOR WINTER DRIVING ..... I would strongly recommend the 33" Goodyear Duratracs .... Nice rugged look and snowflake rated.... It's an AT tire that looks like a MT.... That's what I roll on in the winter 35" tho and love them!!!! Don't think you'll like the MTZ's come winter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-903076637.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	532686   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-482753527.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	532687   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3101926428.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	532688  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 02-22-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's mineClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130526-00749.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	532691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130526-00751.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	532692

Last edited by webejeepin; 02-22-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I'm also in Ontario and started with 33" Mickey ATZ's before I sold them 8 months later to get 35" Mickey MTZ's ..... I wanted a more aggressive look and bigger after my 3" lift. The ATZ's were a pretty good tire and I loved my 35" MTZ's in the summer and offroad. Sold them after 3 years this past fall and now have 37" Goodyear MTR's w Kevlar going on this March cause at that size it was lighter. BUT FOR WINTER DRIVING ..... I would strongly recommend the 33" Goodyear Duratracs .... Nice rugged look and snowflake rated.... It's an AT tire that looks like a MT.... That's what I roll on in the winter 35" tho and love them!!!! Don't think you'll like the MTZ's come winter.
Like the shot of the icicles on the spare

Like you noted above about selling the ATZ's...I do get that bug when I seem them, like posting pictures like I just did
Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did ALOT of reading (ALOT) before I made my purchase last year. I knew for sure wheels had to be Rugged Ridge 17X9 Satin Black, they are one of the few wheels made 100% for the JKs, and are hub-centric. The offset of these wheels are 4.75", which I also liked, as they allow for a bit more 'sticky out' past the fenders. And, they just look really good, it was one of those things as soon as I saw them....I had radar lock.

The tires hurt my head thinking this one through, had lots of feed back from folks here, and I was really torn on MTZ or ATZ. It came down to being honest with myself and what I use MY Jeep for. I'm a daily driver, 120KM per day 5 days a week in GTA traffic. Prior to this purchase these were my first 'big Jeep wheels and tires' so I admit was a newbie. Some of the reviews I read noted MTZ have less then ideal road manners on wet roads, and can be down right scary on ice. Some folks also reported fast tire wear, and scallop tires when they are not rotated every 5,000KMs

All that being said I did the ATZs (5), as they are a bit less of a aggressive tire, a Hybrid AT/MT, and reviews on tread life, better rolling resistance for better fuel mileage, and bit better performance on snow and ice. (think typical GTA snow, slush, powder, packed snow)

I'm very happy with the tires, they are wearing vey well with 30,000KM on them. I've lost about 2 to 3/32", 5 tire rotation every 5,000KM. Much to my surprise, they are not a quite tire, and have the 'we can hear you coming' before we see you hum...and I love it!!

I've had to return for two re-balance, not uncommon for tires of this size I guess.

Performance in this winters weather (lots of snow and polar vortex here). Excellent, not once have I felt like I made a mistake and felt like the tires were a bad selection.

I also did a Teraflex Level kit at the same time 2" in the front and 1" in the rear, and IMHO it was well worth it. The Jeep sits level, and the extra lift allows for a better proportion in terms of wheel size, wheel well opening....they don't look 'stuffed'.

I do mild trails, nothing extreme, and no issues with rubbing.

I get compliments from Jeepers and non-Jeepers quite often.

Very happy with the Mickey Thompson product, and, if I had to do it again knowing what I know now...I'd do the MTZ, but, less then a year ago I was not as educated a Jeeper as I am today.

Mickey has discontinued the ATZ, and replaced it with a ATZ P3. I've seen them, and there's a few good threads here....they look very good aswell.

Photos bellow I took of new Jeeps on the dealer lot, stock suspension.

Attachment 532672Attachment 532673Attachment 532674Attachment 532675Attachment 532676

Reading your first paragraph sounds like I wrote it! haha I've spent a lot of time on the interweb looking at tires... same thing, always knew I wanted the satin black jk RR wheels from when I bought the Jeep 3 years ago. I plan on getting the leveling kit too, good to know it helps reduce the tires looking like they are stuffed in there plus getting rid of the rake. I've heard good things about the MTZ, almost a 33" tire measuring in at 32.8". I have stock Rubicon tires/wheels that I would switch to in the winter to get a skinnier tire on there so I don't need these bad boys for any crazy winter weather.

Do you have any pics of your setup? What size ATZs did you go with and how do you like the TF leveling kit? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nevermind my pic request of your setup in my last post. haha thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

I plan to put my stock Rubicon tires/wheels on for the winter until they need replacing. Likely go to something like the Duratrac's once they need replacing. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Pic request: looking to see 33" MTZ's