Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request.... HELP!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TN-MEDIC-14
Thats what i was wanting to do also, I was thinking of putting them just to the outside of the " bubbles" on the bumper if that makes sense. Trying to leave roomin the middle for a wince since The wife is not real keen on a new bumper at the moment
Yeah iam not changing my bumper too, but i want to put on a grille guard so i want 2 lights on the gaurd and 2 out the sides. till where is the metal? and i can just drill normaly with a drill? nothing there that can get damaged?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Yeah iam not changing my bumper too, but i want to put on a grille guard so i want 2 lights on the gaurd and 2 out the sides. till where is the metal? and i can just drill normaly with a drill? nothing there that can get damaged?
there's not much back there besides the stock fog light wires, crawl underneath and take a look before you start drilling, and measure twice.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mjolnir
there's not much back there besides the stock fog light wires, crawl underneath and take a look before you start drilling, and measure twice.
No stock fog lights, so iam free too dril0? hehe, wont i damage the plastic?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No stock fog lights, so iam free too dril0? hehe, wont i damage the plastic?

There ARE wires there even if you don have the stock fogs, they are part of the EBS wiring harness so I am told. Either way they ARE there regardless, just peek before you drill & you'll be fine.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
There ARE wires there even if you don have the stock fogs, they are part of the EBS wiring harness so I am told. Either way they ARE there regardless, just peek before you drill & you'll be fine.
SO there are? hehe so now i just take the fog lights that i buy and plug them in? or how does that work?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

There IS a wiring harness that goes across the front of the Jeep behind the bumper whether or NOT you have fog lights.

That harness contains wiring for the EBS system.

IF you happen to have the foglight wiring, it is routed within that harness.

If you dont have the foglight wiring, that harness still exists with the OTHER wiring in it.

Make sense? I thought i said that before, but sometimes i type faster than i think, I am sorry if i was unclear.

Edit: On most Jeeps i have seen, the harness that i am talking about is more rearward, almost underneath the bottom of the grill between the frame rails, however, on Mine, i had to cut it lose to remove my stock bumper for replacement. Note wire loom just visible bottom center of this Picture: http://project-jk.com/images/writeup...t/DSC01672.jpg

Although this photo shows installation of an aftermarket winch plate, you can see the wire loom lying in that factory channel that holds up the rear of the splash guard: http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=28673

and again here: http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=28661 Of Note in this photo is the factory fog light plug shown protruding from said harness (blue with a rust colored rubber seal on it, if you have the wiring, that is the plug you would be looking for)

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-30-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
There IS a wiring harness that goes across the front of the Jeep behind the bumper whether or NOT you have fog lights.

That harness contains wiring for the EBS system.

IF you happen to have the foglight wiring, it is routed within that harness.

If you dont have the foglight wiring, that harness still exists with the OTHER wiring in it.

Make sense? I thought i said that before, but sometimes i type faster than i think, I am sorry if i was unclear.

Edit: On most Jeeps i have seen, the harness that i am talking about is more rearward, almost underneath the bottom of the grill between the frame rails, however, on Mine, i had to cut it lose to remove my stock bumper for replacement. Note wire loom just visible bottom center of this Picture: http://project-jk.com/images/writeup...t/DSC01672.jpg

Although this photo shows installation of an aftermarket winch plate, you can see the wire loom lying in that factory channel that holds up the rear of the splash guard: http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=28673

and again here: http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=28661 Of Note in this photo is the factory fog light plug shown protruding from said harness (blue with a rust colored rubber seal on it, if you have the wiring, that is the plug you would be looking for)

That clears things up. Thanks for the help. I will look before i drill ,but that still is a long time from now, hehe. thanks.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

That clears things up. Thanks for the help. I will look before i drill ,but that still is a long time from now, hehe. thanks.

You're welcome, I do hope it helped.

Quick Reply: Pic request.... HELP!!!!!!