Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request.... HELP!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request.... HELP!!!!!!

I have the stock non fog light bumper and am thinking of putting som KC's or some sort of lights on the bumper but have no Idea how they would look or even how to mount them, i know they wont be as easy as a TJ to mount, Im looking for lights mounted to the stock bumper so that i can decide if it would even look right and any tip on how to mount them through all the plastic would be great too. THANKS
Old 04-30-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bump......

Bump , please help
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this thread: Hella 500s in Liberty Renegade housings for pics

Try this one, post two for a little writeup (no pics though) Lights On Stock Bumper

There was a thread somewhere about an install. The user cut a hole through the plastic, added in a spacer/sleeve to reach down to the metal structure underneath and not crush the plastic down, and bolted through that. I know i read it, but i cant seem to find it ~ sorry. Maybe someone else will remember it. It was old, and i am pretty sure it was a steel blue or Dark green one?

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-30-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Wanting to do that myself. il be watching.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mper+light+bar
Old 04-30-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put 2 KC 100W lights on my stock bumper... no bar... no problems... its as easy as drilling 4 holes and running the wires. 4 holes cause you have to drill a small guide hole first, then drill it large to 1/2" and then do that for both lights.

here's mine, i have the factory fogs, but you get the idea:

and they make great light sources for punpkins during holloween

Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, if your Warren Buffet.

The prices on that stuff are astronomical.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Really nice hehe especially the pumpkins. but what if i would want to do them like the tj's, a bit to the sides more, will i be able to just drill to?
Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Really nice hehe especially the pumpkins. but what if i would want to do them like the tj's, a bit to the sides more, will i be able to just drill to?

yeah, you can put them out on the wings. i wouldn't go past where the metal support for the bump goes. if you stick them way out on the tips, its nothing but plastic and they might move around too much when going down the road and would be more likly to fold the bumper in when hit on the trails. so you can mount them in between the humps like i did, or out side them.

i did them like that because a)the fog lights got in the way and i couldn't mount them directly above them and b) because i wanted a bright center beam. i'm getting window mounted lights in a bit for looking out on to the sides.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Thats what i was wanting to do also, I was thinking of putting them just to the outside of the " bubbles" on the bumper if that makes sense. Trying to leave roomin the middle for a wince since The wife is not real keen on a new bumper at the moment

Quick Reply: Pic request.... HELP!!!!!!