Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic Request: Gobi Stealth & Kargo Master racks on your Unlimited!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're considering installing window lights or even possibly a snorkel in the future, I'm not sure if Kargo Master racks are compatible with these aftermarket items. Gobi is, but not sure about Kargo Master? Just something to consider!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111116_124756.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	237658   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111116_124900.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	237659  

Last edited by dallasc; 11-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasc
The rack only weights 88lbs. So the difference is around 1-2mpg. Naturally what ever you toss up top will add to less mpg's. The stealth is rated to 300lbs capacity. To be honest, if you need to place more than 300lbs up top, you may need to consider using a pickup. By the way, I see you're from Manitoba. I need to get up to Churchill Manitoba and photograph polar bears. As a professional wildlife photographer, I'd love to photograph in that area.
X2. You lose 1 to 3 mpg depending on your driving and total setup.

I also have the front insert over the freedom panel area. This lets me keep stacking on equipment. I don't know the weight that I have loaded on the rack, but I am certain I have put more than 300 lbs on it. I camp with my wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and the kitchen sink. Though the heaviest stuff goes inside the jeep, there just is not enough room so a lot goes on the rack.

The cost is around $1500. See https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Gobi-Roof-Rack.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by remark

X2. You lose 1 to 3 mpg depending on your driving and total setup.

I also have the front insert over the freedom panel area. This lets me keep stacking on equipment. I don't know the weight that I have loaded on the rack, but I am certain I have put more than 300 lbs on it. I camp with my wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and the kitchen sink. Though the heaviest stuff goes inside the jeep, there just is not enough room so a lot goes on the rack.

The cost is around $1500. See https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Gobi-Roof-Rack.
Back in the summer of 2009, I was hired by a Log Home Company to photograph a newly built home in Casper, Wyoming. After the photo shoot I decided to travel south to Denver and have Gobi install a Stealth Rack on my JK. While the owner of Gobi Racks was personally doing the installation, I asked a lot of questions. One of the questions was just how much weight can I really place on top. He said for insurance purposes we say 300lbs. But the rack can physically hold much more.

As far as the front freedom panel is concerned, I do not have one at the present time. But would like to purchase one in the near future.

Thanks remark for the input!

Quick Reply: Pic Request: Gobi Stealth & Kargo Master racks on your Unlimited!