Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request: AEV Corner Guards :photo:

Old 07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of fuel door is that? Was there any modification needed to be made?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebes210
What kind of fuel door is that? Was there any modification needed to be made?
I want to say it's the Mopar door. No, it doesn't fit perfectly :( I need to pull them off and grind out the hole slightly so it sits flush.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
JK Freak

what prevents the jeep from rusting where u drilled the holes for the corner guards?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JTG
I want to say it's the Mopar door. No, it doesn't fit perfectly :( I need to pull them off and grind out the hole slightly so it sits flush.
I have the Mopar door. It's pretty expensive and doesn't come with a lock (which I didn't need, having my gas cap keyed with the ignition). It says "JEEP" on it. And mine mounted just fine (but a minor pain to get it on).

Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default paint required

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
what prevents the jeep from rusting where u drilled the holes for the corner guards?
I took a look at the AEV instruction sheet from quadratec's site and they recommend, after deburing the hole, seal it with auto primer or paint and let dry. You can get a small bottle at most any auto parts store.

I was thinking a drop of silicone would also help and keep water out. It is definitely something that you have to commit to, it requires like 18 holes to be drilled.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

geez 18 holes i guess that is a better alternative than the river raider corner crushers i was about to pull the trigger on untill i found out that i was going to have to cut both of my back fenders off... no bueno. i guess i could handle drilling
Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

i like the corner guards, but im not crazy about drilling into my $27000 JEEP. i also like the bushwacker corner guards, but i realze they provide NO protection other then from scratches! i dont really wheel enough or hard enough to worry abiut that though! what should i do?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
i like the corner guards, but im not crazy about drilling into my $27000 JEEP. i also like the bushwacker corner guards, but i realze they provide NO protection other then from scratches! i dont really wheel enough or hard enough to worry abiut that though! what should i do?
Once you're two or three holes into the mod, it stops being a big deal. You also see how fragile these corners actually and how difficult (read: expensive) damage could be in these areas if something does happen. Its good insurance that pays off.

I was starting to get a dimple on the passenger side because of the shovel handle on the swing away.

Love the AEV stuff. Fit and finish was excellent as always.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TonyT
Once you're two or three holes into the mod, it stops being a big deal. You also see how fragile these corners actually and how difficult (read: expensive) damage could be in these areas if something does happen. Its good insurance that pays off.
Yeah i removed the taillight and there was a ton of room in there to dent into. Also a good place to hide stuff

Quick Reply: Pic request: AEV Corner Guards :photo: