Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

pic request 6 inch Teraflex LA on a 2 door, or any 6 on a 2 door, no BL

Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic request 6 inch Teraflex LA on a 2 door, or any 6 on a 2 door, no BL

Im looking to upgrade to a LA lift and only want to do this once. Teraflex is what im leaning towards, I plan to run 37 or 38's at first but do intend to run 40's within 5 years so id like to get a nice lift first. Im going to run my D30 until it breaks and then get a pro rock.

I really want to see if a 6 inch on a 2 door is TOO BIG and I havent been able to find this on a 2 door.

Also switching out my D30 to a 44 after instaling a LA isnt a big deal right? I dont think there is any welding to the D30 itself?

Finally if you have a Teraflex LA 4inch lift feel free to post as well. I just dont want to have to do a lift a 3rd time. I dont plan on wheeling too hard until i get my pro rock, but would like to enjoy the looks of bigger lift and bigger tires in the mean time
Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

depending on the type of lift, your may or may not have to do some have on the control arm brackets. Also things like coilovers require some fab work. There arent many 6 inch lifts out there because on a 2 Door JK, 4.5 inch lifts allow you to run 37's no problem. A 2 door with 37's, 4.5 inch lifts, and lockers would be just as capable as one on 40's and the one on 40's (6inch lift) will be probably be more likely to roll over. That's been my experience on the matter at least but what do I know Im just a crazy kid
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Former Member

We will not even sell a 6" lift for a two door. It cause to many problems. Plus it will ride bad...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

so is 4 the biggest you can go on a 2 door without MAJOR adjustments? Can you go 5?

Quick Reply: pic request 6 inch Teraflex LA on a 2 door, or any 6 on a 2 door, no BL